SHOCK! As A Family Of 5 Is DF'd On The Same Night!!!

by african GB Member 82 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
    donny

they fail on the basics things like who God is they cannot even agree among themselves!

This logic is used by nearly all of the "we're the truth" religions. Mormons often use this same logic and they lump the JW's in the "bowl of false Christianity". You cannot compare your particular religion against a grouping that comprises the all of the remaining ones. I hear of Mormons, Church of Christ, Christadelphians, Worldwide Church of God (the old one) and others use the same type of false reasoning. Thre is nothing is the Scriptures that states that lockstep conformity and "unity at all costs" is a requirement to be in good standing before God.

Don

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

sir 82 a diversion but i'll address it, you are doing a one of at least 3 classic apostate tactics I'll call 'Creating an imaginary wrongdoing'....

1 Jws are wrong to insist and enforce unity in belief.

2 It's wrong to call yourself God's sole religion/channel

3 wts/gb are trying to place themselves in Jesus's place or words to that effect. basically trying to divide Jw's into 2 pieces wts and Jws sections. more honest people will say GB and followers.

The first and quite popular apostate tool works quite well with the inexperienced, this one can grab right at man's basic fear of control, loss of freedom. 'You have been brainwashed!' terrifying words and they are meant to instill terror and doubts. but lets get down to brass tacks. Is this something that is wrong? Does the bible say unity in teaching is wrong? if the cries of 'we can believe what we want as long as it's in Jesus's name' are backed scripturally?

Romans 16:17
    I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

1 Corinthians 1:10
    I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

the facts are the first century christians also insisted on unity in belief too. Far from being condemed this is a mark of God's religion!

and as for believing what we want?

Reniaa: These above verses are isolated. When read in context you will see the division is not regarding beleif but following one person as oppsed to another.

Matthew 7:21
    "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

a clear scripture that is very clear what the bible thinks about people calling on Jesus but not doing the will of his father.

If you think unity isn't required show me this scriptually!

Reniaa: It says those doing the will of the Father. Where is an organizational concept here? It is absent.

Ephesians 4:3
    Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Reniaa: Unity thru peace- not uniformity of belief.

2/ is it wrong to say you are Gods only religion?

1 Timothy 3:15
    if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Acts 20:28
    Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

the first century christians called themselves the church/congregation of God they made it very clear they were blessed by holy spirit to spread the word in his name

2 Thessalonians 3:6
    In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

If the Jws are condemn for this then so are the first century christians because they to say they came in Jesus's name did his work and people should follow their teaching solely.

There is no teaching that you cannot claim to be God's religion even his sole religion, although there is a but....

Reniaa: These all focus on followers of Christ- collectively called the church of God....2 Thes speaks of those who listen to the Gospel received by the apostles. The WT denies apostolic succession so they have disqualified themself from being apostles. They also preach a different gospel than the apostles, wrought with false prophecies.

Hebrews 13:17
    Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

they have to give an account for what they teach and if it isn't according to God's message they will have to answer for it.

Reniaa: COrrect- and I have have shown you now 4 times, verse 7 makes it plain that the submission is only where the teachings are of Jesus. Not absolute submission.

3/ dividing the Jws into two between the wts/gb and the followers, this is a very created objection because the gb are the Jw's but also The appostles uses the written word too is that condemned?

2 Corinthians 10:11
    Such people should realize that what we are in our letters when we are absent, we will be in our actions when we are present.

do we divide the writers from their letters?

there is absolutely nothing wrong with written encouragement the bible acknowledges this and also the fact that leaders used this Method it's practical and useful for unity. there were far more latters written than can be accounted for by saying only inspired ones were used.

The GB disqualifies itself from this role....due to their false prophecies.

Acts 28:21
    They replied, "We have not received any letters from Judea concerning you, and none of the brothers who have come from there has reported or said anything bad about you.

Acts 22:5
    as also the high priest and all the Council can testify. I even obtained letters from them to their brothers in Damascus, and went there to bring these people as prisoners to Jerusalem to be punished.

These scriptures clearly show they used letters and the written word even if uninspired. the gb as leaders have that right to use this method it has bible backing by its confirmation. Never have gb claimed inspiration for the wt's only the right of leaders to apply bible principle, Jesus gave then that right.

Reniaa: Untrue- The GB have claimed inspiration. And have thus disqualified themself from the role outlined in the above verses.

Matthew 16:19
    I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

this was to peter but the principle that he handed over leadership to the appostles is there especially as it is backed by them making decision on things like circumcism later.

Although this whole argument can disintergrate to an anti-leadership debate but again this isn't supported biblically. From Jesus setting up the appostles to being given the holy spirit to help with the practicality of different roles in god's church.

Renia: Are you claiming apostolic succession??

1 Corinthians 12:28
    And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

Our leaders are allowed to Lead and we should respect that.

Reniaa: The GB regime is administration- but surely not a gift of the HOly Spirit. Their extremely tarnished history proves that.

all these three arguments are effective but made-up wrongdoings of Jws by anti-witnesses. they just aren't supported biblically as wrongdoings.

Reniaa: These arguments are extremely supported Biblically. Once again, you fail to make your points.

• sir82
    sir82

Oh, and here's a few more points for reniaa (and the lurkers she is writing for) to consider:

1) Do JWs enforce unity....or conformity? What is the difference? Why is it significant?

2) Is it ethically / spiritually right to enforce unity and/or conformity above all else, even truthfulness? Which is more important - truth or unity? Is it pleasing to God if an organization is united in teaching falsehood?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit