Dumb Cult comment -"We are Brainwashed, are brains are washed from filth!"

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

I guess this was the program I saw here in the UK on C4. The guy thought he was Jesus returned. The incest was the most sickening thing.

1 John 2:22 (New International Version)

22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

The thing is the greek word translated anti also means "in the place of". There are many out there Haile Selassie I Muhammad Joseph Smith, Jr.

2 John 1:7 (New International Version)

7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

The WT is one. They stand in the place of Jesus as mediator for the JWs with their "earthly hope". They do not acknowledge Jesus returned form death in the flesh, only as a "spirit creature". The WT is might be much more subtle that this cult but the fruit is much the same, they deny Jesus, control the followers, go directly against the bible, sexual immorality (pedophilia) etc.

It is no surprise to me at all that you will hear exactly the same phrase, different cult.

All the best,

Stephen

• undercover
    undercover

The Society has actually printed a similar quote. I remember it being in one of those biography articles about some old-timer. They quoted him as saying something about "our brains needing a good washing".

Maybe Blondie will see this thread and locate that article for us...

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's one of those lines that should go in the list "You know you're in a cult when somebody says...."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is one I have heard in discussions while out in field circus more than at the boasting sessions. As I see it, people are actually exposed to more filth while in the cancer than while out in the world--and that's including all the sex, violence, drugs, foul language, and Devil worship. At least out there, they are not having someone telling them everything they are to do and not to do.

• carla
    carla

I have seen the quote in the wt that says something to the effect that 'our brains need a good washing '. I remember when my jw first used that line or something very close to it and I was still pretty new to researching cults & jw's, I was so horrified and literally sick to my stomach. Not only that but my new jw convert got into full dubby mode and his eyes truly glazed over and he got this smile that did not belong to him. I was scared and nearly panic-stricken. Then I read in the cult books that it was common among cultists and felt strangely comforted. Weird huh? to feel comfort from reading that??!!!! The thing was that I thought I must be truly losing it to see that and maybe it didn't really happen, but it did, and apparently happens to many others too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit