Dumb Cult comment -"We are Brainwashed, are brains are washed from filth!"

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Have you heard Witnesses say this? I was watching a doco. on a cult in America who's "christian" leader slept with everyones wife...even his sons! One female member asked about being brainwashed answered as above...other girls laught and and agreed as though that was a brilliant comeback line....I was stunned, my mum always used the same line about the Witnesses!!!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I used it once too. Turns out, they were right, I was brainwashed.

I will use this as an example of what terminology turns off a JW. To tell someone they are brainwashed doesn't work to well, no matter how true it is. It's hostility, which they have been indoctrinated/trained to translate in their minds as persecution.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My brain was washed.....of free will and decision making skills....I would check the Watchtower before doing anything!

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

Unfortunately, Ive used this line too.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My mom used that line. Sigh.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I saw the documentary you are referring to, Witness007, and that line haunts me. I can still remember the look on the faces of the gorgeous teen children who were trapped in that cult... with precious little chance of escaping it. In the desert, cut off from all other interactions with outsiders (and the internet!) As difficult as it was for each and every one of us to leave the WTBTS, I'm afraid these children have it far, far worse.

It makes me sadder than I wish to be... about things which I cannot control.

• watson
    watson

Heard it from the platform several times over the years. Tough to listen to.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

It was a classic line my Mum always used to use too, "Our brains have been washed clean thanks to Jehovah" Though I look back now and wonder if she really meant it or just had no where else to go....

Watson, cannot believe they would use that line from the platform, puke feeling being aroused.....

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Heard the line before by JW who studied with me - can't believe others used the same line :) lol Looking back it's totally stupid comment.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Ties in with this line, "Well, if we were being brainwashed at the meetings, I think we'd know about it."

Yeah, that's spoken by someone who doesn't understand how brainwashing works. I don't think you're sat down, told to watch a large screen of flashing lights, wear headphones playing weird music with back-tracking, told "this is your brainwashing seminar, thanks for your attendance", it's usually a little subtler than that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit