Did you loose your faith after leaving the false?

by wtfmidoing 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

reniaa-interesting that only one person on this whole thread said they still believed in Jehovah and it does seem that in no longer being a Jehovah's witness there is a move to walking away from having jehovah as God and in using his name too. It is something I have noticed a lot in ex-Jws.

No surprise really.

Romans 8:14-16 (New International Version)

14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

Luke 11:1-2 (New International Version)
    Jesus' Teaching on Prayer
    1 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples."

2 He said to them, "When you pray, say:
    " 'Father,
    hallowed be your name,
    your kingdom come.

Philippians 2:6-11 (New International Version)

6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!
    9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

"Jesus Christ is Lord!"

All the best,

Stephen

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

For me, these lyrics by Neal Peart pretty much sum it up:

I don't have faith in faith
    I don't believe in belief
    You can call me faithless
    I still cling to hope
    And I believe in love
    And that's faith enough for me

I don't completely dismiss the idea of a higher power, but religion in any way shape or form is not the ticket. I will live a good life, do the right thing every time, and raise my children to do the same. Why do that? Because it's the right thing to do. If that finds favour with someone somewhere down the road then so be it. If not, at least I will die with the satisfaction that in some small way maybe I was part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Stan

• PEC
    PEC

Barbie Doll and I are atheists.

I left the JWs; because, I could not live up to their standards. I knew that no one else was meeting the standards; but, I could not live the lie, that all of my friends were living. I was going to die in a very short time; so, I got a job and went on with my life.

The first time I attended church, after leaving the JWs, was a very eye opening experience. I found that they taught many of the exact things that the JWs taught. The ones that really opened my eyes were, that they are only true religion and that your salvation can only be obtained through them.

Barbie Doll was never a JWs, she grew up, being move from one foster home to another, each one required her to attend their church. The common theme for all of these religions, was that they all claim, to be the only true religion and that your salvation can only be obtained through that particular sect. If you pick the wrong one you will be punished, just attending another sect can cause you loose your salvation.

When we are taught from birth, that things are a certain way, we believed; until, we had overwhelming evidence that it was all a lie. IMO If one is a lie they are all a lie, there is no true religion.

Faith is belief that is not based on proof. There is and never will be proof that there is any god.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit