In Real Life, Do You Think People Like You, Enjoy Your Company?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The Witnesses like to call us "disgruntled" and "unhappy" and "miserable" because we left the Truth. Do you think others view us in this way?

JWs might say that about me but then they don't know me anymore. I'm none of the above . . . well unless my pain meds aren't working -- then I'm miserable but even then hide it as best I can.

I'm a listener. I think people have always been attracted to me for that reason.

Like Grace/Mouthy I really don't care anymore whether people want to be my friend. I stopped trying to get everyone to like me a while ago.

That doesn't mean my feelings can't be hurt. It just means I'm not going to try to convince someone that I am a like-able person. No skin off my nose if people don't want anything to do with me. In my experience they are usually people I don't want anything to do with either.

"disgruntled" I think they usually use that to mean that I want back in but the elders won't let me back. Well I don't want back into the club. Just not interested. There are far better things to do with my life.

"unhappy" Nope I like my life. I don't live in fear. I don't live for others or for an organization. I don't do anything that would actually be reason for them to keep me out - well except that I don't believe it anymore and am about as apostate as you can get.

"miserable" I have accomplished many of the goals I made for myself. I am comfortable with who I am and how I live. I no longer tolerate abusive controlling people in my life. There isn't anything to be miserable about. Even my disability doesn't get me down. It is what it is. You take each day as it comes and live your best life.

And yes people enjoy my company. Otherwise they would never come back.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I think you do, Mouthy. Remember our recent little dustup

No Honestly Parakeet ..I dont .I just didnt want to hurt your feelings.
    After you mentioned what you did.I saw the error of my ways.
    It WAS not a good joke. I dont like to hurt people .
    I dont go out of my way for them to dislike me. But if they dont like me. That is too bad.
    Lady Lee ..... I loved ya! even when I was a JW & so were you...
    didnt love your hubby though( I had to like him ) .
    I remember you out there on the field signing away,a slim little beauty
    I often wonder what happened to your hubby's brother ( cant remember his name )
    He used to come to my house so often .....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Grace

Mario

I think I don't think he and his younger brother (I married the oldest) no longer go to meetings. Their mother died a couple of years ago and their father is not doing well. Both boys have mental health issues that were made worse by the WTS. Their parents went to meetings and all of them did get baptized. But poor health o fthe parents kept them away from meetings.

My ex did arrange a JW funeral for her but none of the Italian JWs would do it so it was all in English -- fine way for a man to attend the funeral for his wife -- in a language he didn't understand at all (neither of the parents learned more than a few words in English or French)

I doubt any of them were high on the like-ability scale for most JWs

And Grace as far back as I can remember you spoke your own mind and you haven't lost the ability to do that

Funny my mother did that too but it was usually something that was totally inappropriate and rude. I doubt she has mellowed any

• mouthy
    mouthy

And Grace as far back as I can remember you spoke your own mind and you haven't lost the ability to do that

Oh NO!!! And I thought I had changed LOL!!! I must have been & still are OBNOXIOUS ..
    Cant understand
    why I always had so many friends. Guess folks like to know what folks think....& If I am around they know.
    Hope I never offended you girl....
    Mario Yes. !!!Thanks!!! He would turn up at my place time & time again.
    My hubby used to get so angry . But Mario never knew it. I felt great pity for him.
    One time he brought his MUM.... Yes they had mental issues.
    I wonder how he is faring in the "world" I miss so many that used to drop in.
    I still love them all. Victor used to rub me the wrong way... I used to feel for Suzanne,
    Do you know if Suzanne Mum is still alive, ????she was a really lovely soul.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh NO!!! And I thought I had changed LOL!!! I must have been & still are OBNOXIOUS ..
    Cant understand why I always had so many friends. Guess folks like to know what folks think....& If I am around they know. Hope I never offended you girl....

I think most people prefer to know where they stand with a person. It does make it easier to deal with them. There is being honest and there is being rude. You were never rude

Mario Yes. !!!Thanks!!! He would turn up at my place time & time again.
    My hubby used to get so angry . But Mario never knew it. I felt great pity for him.
    One time he brought his MUM.... Yes they had mental issues.

I wonder how he is faring in the "world"

I think he had a hard time understandig feelings so I doubt he knew your husband was angry unless he was angry to his face. Both boys are recluses. I doubt they go anywhere unless they have to go shopping for food. At least when they went to meetings they got out sometimes

I still love them all. Victor used to rub me the wrong way... I used to feel for Suzanne,

Victor rubbed most people th ewrong way. Also had no problem expressing himself but most often either oblivious to the hurt he caused or he just didn't care. I still wonder what she sees in him

Do you know if Suzanne Mum is still alive, ????she was a really lovely soul.

Her Mum passes away a few years ago - still a dub. She had been living with Sue and Vic and he had stepped down as elder and they weren't going to meetings anymore. It was difficult. Her Mum was such a sweet person and had a sort of shy young way about her. I know Sue misses her terribly.

• mouthy
    mouthy

What about her Brother????I know he had problems

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The older brother died of cancer a few years ago - many years ago. The younger lives out west, is happily married and it NOT a JW

• mouthy
    mouthy

WOW!!!!! I am greatful for the info. Thanks Lee. I worked with Sues Mum.
    We got along so well. Thanks again

• minimus
    minimus

I'm glad this turned into such a good thread.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I dunno Min. Some like me and some don't. I'm kinda hard to read. I have a really good time with those that understand my quirky behavior. Those that do not understand this side of me tend to think I'm a little uptight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit