My Grandmother has died today

by GermanXJW 29 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'm so sorry. Something quite similar happened to me. No one told me that my grandma was dying, although all the Dubs in my family had practically been keeping vigil at her bedside for six weeks. I didn't find out until after she died, so that I didn't get to say goodbye. Believe it or not, my dad called my boss and she told me my grandma had died when I showed up for work.

The Dubs certainly do give us lots to forgive, don't they?

I do feel your grief and will keep you in my prayers, if you don't mind.

StAnn

• chickpea
    chickpea

sincere condolences
    for the loss of your
    grandmother.....
    i hope you have
    memories that will
    keep you company
    and comfort you

the wrong-headed and
    hardhearted treatment
    you have suffered is not
    unique amongst the adherents
    of the WTS....

a fellow fader here lost
    her non-JW grandmother
    and was not told at all....
    she had to find out from
    someone who said: we
    were surprised you werent
    at your grandmother's funeral
    (her JW mother's mother)

• cawshun
    cawshun

The WT cult makes me sick! I'm sorry for you loss, your family was rude and would not have God's approval for their actions.

• thomas15
    thomas15

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss

Tom

• Heaven
    Heaven

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. I have lost a lot of family, including all of my grandparents. Focusing on as many fond memories of those I have lost helps me work through the pain. Permit yourself the right to grieve... and do it. I also hold on to the hope that perhaps one day, I will be granted the pleasure and joy of seeing them again.

As for your parents, they may come to some realizations, especially as they age. I know my father, an MS, is experiencing some 'truths' of his own. Dedicating your life to God the way the JWs do means neglecting most other areas of life, including non-JW family. One day, they will wake up and they will be old and no longer able to perform to the JWs (as well as their own) standards. My father misses his son and his grandchildren. He also beats himself up mentally/emotionally for not doing more regarding FS.

Give yourself time to work through your feelings. When you are ready, take your sadness and anger and place them where they don't interfere with your own principles. Use them constructively. If you feel you can effectively communicate your feelings without anger or malice towards your parents, then do so. They may also need some time to work things through. You may wish to express your concern for their well-being. Everyone grieves differently. Maybe see how they're feeling about her passing.

I have had to do these things with my father. (Sorry for the lengthiness but wanted to let you know that you're not alone.) Heaven

• Adrianoblue
    Adrianoblue

i`m so sorry to hear.

take care, and best regards from the northen part of your country.

adrianoblue

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Very sorry for your loss. Try to at least overlook the family's poor cult behaviour long enough to deal with the death in the family.

Strength to you.

• Lady Lee
  • Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

So Sorry to hear about your loss.

sympathy.gif Sympathy image by Tylorian

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear GermanXJW,

I'm very sorry for your loss and that you were not permitted to say goodbye.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit