yesidid

Thanks Wanna

yesidid

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Thanx 4 all your translations

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

omg - Siracusa in Sicily - I have family in Sicily - there is hope. I am so thrilled. Siclian congregations are likely to keep their community life going independently of the WTS. I understand some of it but not enough to translate.

• steve2
    steve2

Looks worthy of book-marking.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

From the German summary, it is clear that this was shown on Swiss television in 1990, and so it must have happened some time before that. The very short version is that all elders either were removed by the WT or withdrew "voluntarily" as a protest, and as a result of that, or more correctly as a protest against that from the members of the congregation, all 70 of them left.

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

nick.. is good for do traloter..

this congregation in Syracuse they taught love, altruism needs of sisters and brothers. wts has disassociato everybody. WTS this doesn't like.why needs to go to distribute magazines books

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

1990 that long ago but I'm glad the video is still popular.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"wts has disassociato everybody" - no, WT removed the elders, and then the JWs left as a protest.

• yesidid
    yesidid

I see that Buzkid also has a thread on this subject, and a loose translation at the end of the thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/174186/1/Die-gesamte-Versammlung-von-Sirakus-etwa-70-Personen-traten-aus-der-WTG-aus

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

That translation quoted above was fairly good. Little really to add, except that the intro had a nice sort of explanation to non dibs about how controlling the JW Org is and what happens to those who criticize it.

I particularly found the ex-elder at the end fairly persuasive and honest about the mindset of alot of jws. Some do wonder about doctrinal points but when they're hit by the fear that they're broaching apostasy they put an end to that thinking with a dismissive phrase or thought.

I was "encouraged" by the clip where the mother was saying how the elders from her son's judicial committee were telling her that her son was a man-slayer because he was apostate. And how they demanded her to accept it and hear her say he was such. I admire that she stuck up for her son and while his crying over that didn't cause any tear to well up in my eyes (I'm a pretty cold bastard) I wanted to hug that old lady and say you did good. Means not all families can be broken by that blasted cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit