Wasn't it the BEST when the speaker DIDN'T SHOW for the Public Talk?

by lurk3r 26 Replies latest jw friends

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

And all we had to do was sit thorugh the Watchtower Sudy? It was a JW Christmas!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Only happened about three times

Hated it when the speaker did not show

and a local elder decided to give the talk for

practice!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

A breath of fresh air.

I would have never put on a show of being upset about it.

Cheers

Chris

• The Missus
    The Missus

I agree it was the closest I got to Christmas as a JW! But once, the speaker did show up about 1/2 way thru the WT study so he gave his talk after. What a huge letdown

• The Missus
    The Missus

I take that back the closest I got to Christmas as a JW was when they cancelled the meeting altogether because of the weather. It doesn't get any better than that!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I also loved it when meetings were cancelled due to weather.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Same here. I remember looking out my window as a kid, thinking "woooo hooo" as the snow came falling down. I was always so disappointed when there was STILL a meeting the following morning.

• oompa
    oompa

ya...dat was da best until ms tried to show their ass of and do it after the wt study.......i loved my hall...we were the only hall around to cancell meetings even due to the chance of bad weather......many times it just rained..............lmao...........oompa

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

"Hated it when the speaker did not show and a local elder decided to give the talk for practice!!!"

Yea - that happened too many times at our hall. We had the worst speakers....

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

My job was to give those last minute talks. Koff, koff... I don't mean to brag, but I could give every outline with zero prep. I used to get jazzed by it. The less prep the more adrenalin, the more fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit