Excellent place for "field circus" breaks

by under the radar 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nellie
    Nellie

Hey OTWO - In the "real" JDubPub - there is only one thought "We must obey the BORG - We must obey the BORG" LOL Great find though!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope it is self service, because the wait staff is likely to get "tipped" with wastes of paper.

• rebel8
    rebel8

You know what? I might be wrong. He said it is a shortcut for his initials, JW. He didn't say Jehovah's Witnesses. Maybe that's what me meant.

• Colton
    Colton

I'm sure he is using the name as an alternative for his initials - not because of Jehovah's Witnesses. Kinda like how Bush is called "Dubya".

• undercover
    undercover

Here's the funny part (or sad, depending on how you look at it)...

Most dubs wouldn't make the connection. They don't see themselves as Jdubs or dubs. About as close as they get is Jay Double U. They live in their own delusional world, usually ignorant of how they are really percieved by outsiders and former members.

I could see a car group go by and say, "hey, new coffee shop. We should take a break there. Wonder what the name means? I hope it's not a spiritistic or demonic connection. Maybe we should research it before we go..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit