Have you ever personally known anyone who DA him/herself?

by lavendar 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I wrote a letter and DA'd myself while still stupidly believing the bullshit. I thought I was the problem. Actually went through the whole re-instatement process 10 years later. It took a few years to really figure things out and get the hell out of Dodge.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I haven't but I'm in a process of writing my DA letter, I don't know why I bother to write an explenation but maybe it's only to hope that those that read it will actually look up some information and open their eyes to the deception. They have no grounds to df me other than what I know about wts so I guess I will know first hand how it feels to be free of the cult like mentality. My side of the family is not involved with WTS so no big deal, my wife's side is and from what I gather from her they won't talk to me so my view is that they can go and fuck themselves since who needs these type of fake friends/family anyway? They can follow their bullshit leaders to their graves if they want I will not be swayed by liers and decievers.

• parakeet
    parakeet

diamondiiz:

I don't know why I bother to write an explenation ...

You don't have to. Why give them the satisfaction of playing by their rules?

... maybe it's only to hope that those that read it .... open their eyes to the deception.

99.9999% chance that will happen.

They have no grounds to df me other than what I know about wts ...

Again, then why write the letter?

... my wife's side is [involved with the WTS] ...

I'm assuming your wife is in agreement with you? If so, and if you don't get along with your inlaws, then a DA letter willget them off your back. In fact, that may be the only thing DAing is good for. Again, assuming your wife is OK with that.

... I will not be swayed by liers and decievers.

Welcome to freedom. Enjoy.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

parakeet:

True I don't have to but I rather know who my friends are, there is no point of keeping contact with anyone that will abandon my friendship when I may need it so might as well get it done and over with that goes for watchtower friends or family members. I've helped my wife's family members in the past so if they treat me as I think they will it will allow me not to have to see them or help them again in the future lol I don't want any watchtower hold on me so DA letter should clear a lot of things and hopefully will close a chapter of my life and hopefully I can move on and maybe not do so much research on WTS as there are better things in life than wasting researching WTS history and it's corrupt leaders but it seems that a lot of people just don't walk away from this type of crap and that's just from reading stuff on this board :) WTS sure screwed over ALOT of people.

• parakeet
    parakeet

parakeet:

True I don't have to but I rather know who my friends are, there is no point of keeping contact with anyone that will abandon my friendship when I may need....

You know your situation better than anyone else on the board. Good luck with your DA.

• Spook
    Spook

I DA'd myself in a lengthy letter - totally out of the blue - to the GB, my family and the local congregation. I agreed, for my parents sake, to talk to some elders about it. I dazzled them with basic philosophy and convinced them that they couldn't "prove" anything they believed and as such, I as a non-resistant unconvinced individual should be allowed to gracefully leave. I have no idea what anybody "announced." I've never been informed nor have I asked. The elders told me it would be best that I "take some time to myself." That's been over four years now. I've told them all

I will return to Jehovah's Witnesses when anyone can tell me why if Jehovah, were he to exist, would require me to actively spread a false belief such as that the heart was a literal organ of emotions, to the detriment of his name, and despite my strong belief to the contrary.

I convinced the elders on the hearing that they shouldn't trust everything the GB says and should keep it to themselves. Then I left. I left because I knew I was going to now make decisions based on the belief that God probably does not exist. As such I was not willing to make sacrifices and would eventually be DF'd. Given that knowledge I chose to be the master of my own destiny and have the opportunity for all my friends and family to hear my position in my own words without any gossip or distortion. Very powerful, one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit