Have you ever personally known anyone who DA him/herself?

by lavendar 25 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

Wondering something else:

While a JW, did you ever know anyone who disassociated? And if so, did you ever talk to that person afterwards to find out WHY they disassociated?

• blondie
    blondie

There are several kinds of da'ing, joining the military, joining a church, "now" taking a blood transfusion. Now with the change in the announcement eliminating the mention of DA or DF, it is hard to know.

It always seemed so alarming when someone wrote a letter saying they felt the WTS was a lie, etc.

All the DA'ers I knew of lived outside my state, so no chance to meet them. But I always made it a point to say hi and be caring. I never could buy into the concept that shunning would make people want to come back.

Blondie

• lavendar
    lavendar
    Now with the change in the announcement eliminating the mention of DA or DF, it is hard to know.

So, did they change the announcement because there were starting to be so many DA's?

• boyzone
    boyzone

Whats this about a new announcement?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember back in the early 1970's we had a brother DA himself, last name was Mironchuck (sp) in a congregation in the Jamaica, Queens area.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

One of my daughters DA'd. I asked and she said " because she didn't want to talk to the pervs about my personal life any more".

A young man in our cong Da'd and joined the military. His joining was mentioned, the elder announcing had a letter in his hand , but did not read it.We still spoke to him and asked his family about him and how he was doing.

Blithe

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I dont remember specifically hearing even in the 80s if someone DAd...they were just pronounced "No longer one of Jehovahs Witnesses".

• StAnn
    StAnn

My oldest brother DA'd (by letter). It never made a difference to me but my siblings were very cool to him, although not completely shunning him.

StAnn

• blondie
    blondie

*** w96 1/15 p. 19 par. 17 Jehovah’s Sheep Need Tender Care ***

If expulsion occurs, this brief announcement would be made: " . . . has been disfellowshipped."

http://www.watchtower.cc/ODBook.pdf

Organized to Do God's Will (2005)

However, the person who disassociates himself by repudiating the faith and deliberately abandoning Jehovah’s worship is viewed in the same way as one who is disfellowshipped. A brief announcement is made to inform the congregation, stating: "[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses."

1989 Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry

http://www.watchtower.cc/organized.pdf

A brief announcement would be made to inform the congregation that the person has

voluntarily disassociated himself from the congregation.

• asilentone
    asilentone

yes, I know someone, if you are Z.K., PM me! I do not want to reveal too much since I am a fader.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit