Another Newbie...

by CrazyBlonde 15 Replies latest jw friends

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

Hi all,

I have been lurking for a while, just joined. Nice to see there are so many others out there who feel/felt how I feel...

Long story short - I was born into it, started having doubts about age 6, but what can you do when you have over controlling parents whose only goal is to make you a pioneer and ship you off to Bethel so you can be like your goody-two-shoe brothers. Suffered through my school years being bullied with no friends - parents made sure that I was very different from other kids inc how I dressed and even what I ate to the point where I was apparently known as the ugly hippie. Also made sure we lived far enough out of town so that I had no access to any potential friends, 'worldly' or jw. My parents decided I would be a publisher at age 10, no one told me except just before they announced it at the meeting that night - oh look at the good little PO's daughter. Hated going out and preaching by that stage... Had a brief respite from my parents at age 14, lived with another jw family who were quite nice, decided after months of 'subtle' pressure from my parents that I would get dunked, thought it would make them proud. For a moment perhaps, til alas, I didn't immediately drop out of school and pioneer, but went on to pursue the evils of higher education. I did however marry a jw which made them happy, until we moved as far away as possible from them! Now I am the one that left them and doesn't look after them in their old age... they have other kids to do that so why should I?? After a pretty long time of feeling unhappy and detesting the whole rigmarole I finally decided to do some research, and look where it brought me :)

I have told my husband that I am thinking of leaving, as it was never my thing, I was basically forced into it under threat of death. He seems ok with it, if it's my decision and it makes me happier. Most of his family are not jw anyway, so he doesn't have an issue with the whole divided household thing. It would just make it hard for him as all his friends are, he doesn't have an external support network. I have been slowly building mine up over the last year or two, so I'll be ok.

So yeah, hi, and see ya round!

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Welcome, CrazyBlonde, we are all pretty crazy here ourselves. Some have been out a long time others just left or fading. I left in 2005. Glad you have taken the first steps to join in and not just continue to lurk without posting. It is good to breathe the air of freedom from the wt and start using your mind again.

Kit

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board,

purps

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on stepping out of organized corruption.

Humanity welcomes you with open arms.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome. Great name. You are smart to have already built up a support group. If you try to join your husband in on it he will be able to move on easier. One of the key reasons people are in any religion is for the community it offers, so an important part of breaking through the belief system is to simply offer another group of friends. All the best.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Welcome!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi CrazyBlonde and welcome!!

Your story sounds a bit like mine; glad you're able to get out or fade with less hassle than others have gone thru. Hope it continues to be easy for you!! Zid

• mouthuy
    mouthuy

Hi! Welcome to the unconditional love forum... Glad your finding your independent
    thinking cap.
    It is so good to be free from bondage.

Mouthy ( Not Mouthuy

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. There's another crazyblonde who posts on JWS. I think she may have posted on JWD too. Anyway, is there any chance that your new "worldly" friends could befriend your husband too? It sure would make it easier for him to leave too.

• flipper
    flipper

CRAZYBLONDE- Nice to have you on the board, and welcome ! You are among friends here. I was born in also , got out over 5 years ago finally at age 44 . You will do fine as you seem to be developing friends outside the organization . Good for you. My parents were really actively involved as my dad at 83 is STILL and elder after 55 years in the witnesses. Don't feel alone in trying to live up to your older brothers alleged legacy. My older brother went to Bethel for 8 years and has been an elder since 1972. I never did become an elder- and am proud of that. I am much ,ore satisfied with my accomplishments after the witnesses than while I was in. So we look forward to hearing more from you ! Take care, and pull up a chair ! It's nice in here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit