Another Newbie...

by CrazyBlonde 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi CrazyBlonde, nice to read you story and welcome, still a newbie myself (born in too and at age of 40 finally feel free). Cheers, Mattieu

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Hi, another born-in here, left last summer, along with my wife. Phew.

Welcome.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

HI crazyblonde,

glad you found us. My hubby is in too. He is now very tolerant of my private views and supports and encourages me in my studies. He's still my best friend too but would never read on here. It'll be a great day when he does. I hope your hubby joins you soon.

ql

• Heaven
    Heaven

CrazyBlonde ... welcome! or... in the immortal words of my neice.... "hey".

Glad you're listening to yourself. But you don't have to take your word for it -- there's tons of evidence readily available now thanks to the interweb! And it just keeps building. I knew there were issues years ago but I have learned so much in the last year or so. I read "Crisis of Conscience" and checked out YouTube videos and other web sites. What an eye opener!

I call my experience 'The Hokey Pokey'. My maternal grandfather converted from Catholicism to JW and that started it all. My father didn't have much interest in it when I was young, but my mom did. My parents didn't get baptized until I was an adult and 'long gone'. Off and on we had WTS book studies during my childhood. We used to celebrate all the holidays but that all stopped as I got older. As my knowledge of the Bible grew so did my doubts.

My father is a Ministerial Servant in his 80s. He can't keep up the pace anymore though. While I don't agree with him on the WTS stuff and have had a number of reasons to disown him, I did not allow ties to be severed as I wanted to apply Jesus' teachings in my life to show him that you can be a great Christian outside of the WTS.

• oompa
    oompa

wecome girl....and ya....i luv crazy blondes.....so your hubby is still fully mentally in???......can he wake up?....will he?.......good luck with the one in/out thingy......oompa

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Welcome, CB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit