What Can You Say to JWs at the Door That They've NEVER Covered in the MS??

by ziddina 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Could you show me from the Bible how you know the "faithful and discreet slave" from Matthew 24 is the same group of people as the "144,000" from Revelation chapter 14?

Could you show me from the Bible why certain fractions of blood are deemed accepatable by Jehovah's Witnesses, and why others are not?

Could you show me from the Bible the dividing line between a "major component" and a "minor fraction" of blood?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When they tell me that God cannot lie, that statement itself is a lie--in fact, a whopper. The Bible lies.

And, once you destroy the credibility of the Bible, the whole message in the washtowel loses its credibility, too.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

What is the most important scripture in jw theology?

What is the most important event in jw history?

Those two questions will be the conversation stopper. Don't let them continue with any questions from the society outline.

Blueblades

• StAnn
    StAnn

The best response I ever heard was of a Christian householder who was shown pictures of a paradise Earth and then asked, "Wouldn't you love to live forever in a place like this?" The Christian's answer: "No. I look forward to going to heaven and seeing Jesus face to face. Nothing on Earth, no matter how beautiful, could come any where close to that." The Witnesses didn't know how to respond to that and left.

StAnn

• rebel8
    rebel8

"I appreciate how jws really incorporate the full range of Biblical principles in their lives, unlike other so-called Christians. I really appreciate the fact that jws don't pick and choose which scriptures to apply in their lives."

(pause for boastful affirmation)

Then...."Would you mind giving me some examples of how you do some of these things in your everyday life?"

(pause while they drool and scurry to answer your questions)

Then....show them a printout of this: http://freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Bad_Bible_Advice

(pause while they backpedal by saying they don't apply all Biblical principles)

Point out they just said they apply all Biblical principles. Then ask how they know which scriptures to ignore and which to heed. The answer will always be....we follow what a bunch of men in Crooklyn tell us.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

That's some funky sh*t Rebel. Now about that Brazillian wax job...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nail a goats head to your door.. Bull 2................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good ones, everyone!! !!!

BTW, I was serious about those responses - I spotted the volcanic nature of the biblical god when I was 6 or 7 years old, and I'm vacillating between worshipping Goddesses (has been going extremely well, by the way...) and switching to worshipping the Rainbow Serpent....

OUTLAW!! Good one - but poor goat! Besides, I'm not into Santeria - yet... Zid

PS OUTLAW - luv yer smileys!

Maybe I should just put a Dragon's head on my door?? (Wish I knew how to insert photo of me in dragon costume with Santa here....)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit