What Can You Say to JWs at the Door That They've NEVER Covered in the MS??

by ziddina 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

So! What have you said - or wished you could say - that would make the JWs skip your house the next time 'round??

(That didn't work! Lemme try that again!!)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Crap! Let me attempt this post in a more readable form:

I've lived at this particular address for 12 years, and the first time a JW came to my door I told them I was 'apostate', because I really didn't want to see them again.

But! They came back! Several times, in fact, over the years... However, last week I saw several of them in service on my block, and they significantly skipped my house. Since they had come back to my house after I told them I was apostate, I wonder which of the following comments actually succeeded in making them finally skip my house:

"No thanks, I no longer worship a death-oriented Middle Eastern male god..."

"No thanks, I no longer worship Middle Eastern male gods based on Holocene volcanic eruptions..." *

"No thanks, I decided to worship Goddesses instead because they've been worshipped for at least 20,000 years - ten times longer than Christianity..."

"No thanks, I decided to worship the Rainbow Serpent of the Aboriginal tribes of Austrailia, because that religion is the oldest on Earth (40,000 to 80,000 years old) and I figure that, IF there is a deity over the planet, it would be found in the OLDEST religion, not one of the Johnny-come-lately versions..."

An SCA** friend of mine was having a problem with some sort of painful skin condition one day. She found it most comfortable to wear an outfit from her wardrobe of Medieval costumes - in this case, something like the 'hair' shirts that monks wore in penitence - don't ask me why this was so comfortable!! Anyway, the doorbell rang, so she answered it, all 5'6" of her, in this 'hair' shift with her extremely long silver hair hanging down to her ankles. The Jehovah's Witnesses took one look at her and scattered like quail!!

So! What have you said - or wished you could say - that would make the JWs skip your house the next time 'round??

* ("The basaltic Golan Heights volcanic field in the Anti-Lebanon Mountains of SW Syria near the borders with Lebanon and Israel contains numerous cinder cones of Pliocene-to-Holocene age." from http://www.volcano.si.edu/world/volcano.cfm?vnum=0300-03- )

** (Society for Creative Anachronism; an historical research and re-enactment group that includes many Pagans...)

• JeffT
    JeffT

I confused a couple of them by bringing up the WTBS postition on the mediatorship of Jesus. The guy I was talking to (looked like an elder) told me I was wrong. I told him to go look it up and get back to me. Never saw him again. I think that one my bite them, because few of them are aware of the official doctrine.

• blondie
    blondie

You could make it appear you are demonized....but the problem lies in the chain of memory in that congregation. They may put a note in the "territory card" but it can be misplaced or some jws just ignore and call on that home anyway.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I would think a polite f*ck off would suffice..

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I agree with Quirky1 - you have to be outright blunt with JW's. Say what you mean and mean what you say. If you beat around the bush or leave any reason that you might listen next time they'll be back

nj

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Well I had one come to my door once, it was a mother with her really young daughter. I told her "Ma'am you seem like a very nice lady, I have no desire to get into a biblical discussion about Jehovah's Witness dogma in front of your daughter. The only thing it will accomplish is to put doubt and unanswerable questions into her mind."

She immediately left the door with her daughter and I haven't heard anything since.

So you could try that if a JW comes to your door with a child.

• wobble
    wobble

Could they show you.please from the Bible,how their GB was chosen in 1918/9?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhm, I really had in mind silly and HumorOUS responses - Make Something Outrageous UP! Zid

(But then, I've been out for a long time and haven't anyone still in it that I care about... )

• besty
    besty

"How long will it be before the public regain confidence in JW's after all the child abuse coverups and problems?"

Allow time for BS response.

"Seriously though - what is your local congregation doing to prevent child abusers going door to door?"

"How much do you know about the multi-million dollar secret payouts? Are your donations being used to silence victims?"

"Time over again, should your Head Office have handled things like the Catholic Church and been more open and contrite?"

That should see them off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit