Entertaining: Snack Foods

by cameo-d 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Take tortilla chips onto plate, spread some shredded cheese, spoon out a little chili, scoop hefty amounts of pico de gallo, nuke for 30 secs in the microwave. Sour cream optional.

• avishai
    avishai

Leolaia, you really are a woman of considerable talents!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Thanks for the ideas.

Avashi: I do not know what a "little smokie" is. Please explain.

Also:

I do not use a microwave. Don't approve of them.

Also prefer foods that don't make a mess or leave lots of crumbs...like chip things.

Thanks.

• poppers
    poppers

Pickled herring, and braunschweiger on Ritz crackers

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Apple slices and peanut butter.

Quesidillas - shredded cheese between 2 tortillas. You can put other ingredients in, too, like bacon, onion, chicken, etc. Serve alone or with salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I make a layered dip with a cream cheese/sour cream mix at the bottom, topped with salsa, a layer of red peppers and green onions, and a layer of shredded cheddar on top. It's thick, and chips will break, so for that reason and reasons of hygeine, each person has a spoon they can use to plop the mixture on to a tortilla chip with.

W

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I think I read the thread title wrong. I thought this would be about potato chips dancing and singing. Rats. W.Once

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

peanut butter

The memory of PB recall is still too fresh.

Otherwise, that would be an OK suggestion. I like that because it's not a lot of fuss and fixin.

Do you spread your PB on the apple slice or do you serve that with Ritz?

Crunchy or smooth PB?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Pickled herring, and braunschweiger on Ritz crackers

I have never had a pickled herring and I don't even know what that other thing is.

I wouldn't even know where to find those things.

Is the herring a strong fish taste?

Are these morsels rather peculiar, in that one would have to develop a taste for it?

I am looking for a "one size fits all" in the taste category. Something that most people would be familiar with.

I would not want a guest to eat on a dare or hesitate because of unfamiliarity.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Cubes of souse sprinkled in vinegar

pickled eggs & beets

scotch eggs

liverwurst on rye melba toast

lot's of beer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit