New Here - Hi All

by findingme92 34 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

tend to be kinda hard on myself anyway, i think thats partly a JW thing too, always strive to do more, right

Ah yes; low self-esteem. The cult hammers this into your head meeting after meeting after meeting for years and years. It takes a long time to get rid of it.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Welcome from California!

Just curious...you state your dad is DF'ed yet he keeps preaching to you. Why hasn't he repented and sought a return to the fold if he is so adamant it is the truth? Hmmmm...

• cawshun
    cawshun

welcome and I'm happy for your son! Your doing the right thing and saving him a lot of future heart ache.

• findingme92
    findingme92

He claims that he is trying to return, but his health doesnt allow him to get to the meetings regularly (which is true). He just got on the d-train last month or so, so it will be a while before hes back im sure.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Funny you guys and gals mention children. I made such a sudden exit because of my daughter as well. I was happy making problems from the inside. I'd get people to post talk outlines (including here when we were JWD) and talk to the media. I associated with "apostates" and posted here. But when my daughter turned ten and pressure was on the horizon to make her a publisher, when her meeting attendance along with her mother's was being called into question, when she started to read WT publications on her own, I decided in a hurry it was time to leave. The rest is history.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Hi Findingme. It is really weird being out at first, your son will surely thank you one day. I have found doing regular things that other people take for granted with their kids like soccer, school activities and parties helps fill the void and meet new people. You said you regretted not going to college, we both went back as adults. I made new friends there and love my career. Looking forward to hearing more of your story. Welcome.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Hi and Welcome findingme92!

This is a quote from your earlier post: "but I haven't been able to find anyone in my area, so hopefully i can do that here."

Any chance you can elaborate on were here is? The reason I ask is there have been many meet-ups held in different

locations and there is a broad range of geographic areas represented on this board. Only give what you feel comfortable

sharing about yourself with others. In other words many say what state or country they're in but not include their city/town

for privacy and security reasons.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and about you in the future.

Regards,

Stonewall

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Hello and welcome!

Lorenzo in California

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Hi and welcome.

I can empathize with so many of your points also, things just weren't adding up and once I did my own research and became conviced it was not the truth, the first thing I refused to do was drag my kids to the hall. I figure at least the next generation of my family will not suffer thru this cult.

Welcome again and you're in good company here.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, and glad to see you are starting to "find yourself."

Hope we can help!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit