A New Guy from Chicago with a Story to Tell

by Reborn2002 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xena
    Xena

Hello Jason...glad to see you dodged the bullets and are still with us! I enjoyed chatting with you yesterday and am looking forward to hearing more from you!

21? That is legal right?????

• cellomould
    cellomould

Hi Jason,

welcome from a fellow newbie here!

You can be assured (if you've stuck around these past few days) of continued support here from at least quite a few people.

There will be instances when you may not feel supported. But remember that these conversations also will serve to protect you.

Comf asked you a few questions about the details of your story. He did not have the benefit of adding a pleasant tone of voice. But if you would have had someone with whom to rehearse or prepare, you would have felt much better about the results of the elder's mtg.

I can see how the reasoning questions really could serve to protect you, especially if you are left with some of these issues to deal with.

A point I would like to make is that it really benefits your effort in conveying a story to tell only What Happened first. But tell everything you know that Happened first. Then be very clear about what did Not Happen. Include everything that did Not Happen that may be important, especially details like "I did not kiss her/touch her in this manner" etc... Don't wait until you have to adamantly deny it; calmly make it clear first.

I noticed, and I don't think anyone else pointed this out, that you never stated What Actually Happened in your original post. You denied that you had sex, but what contact was made? So many things could have happened, and imaginations can easily fill in the details, true or false.

It leaves to the listener's discretion to assume that you touched the young woman in some manner. If you did not touch her at all ever, you must say so. "I did not touch her... not in this manner, not in this manner...I did however, ..." Please don't leave things like this open. It's for your own benefit.

I speak, not to you in particular of course, Jason. But other posters will also benefit from your example. Hopefully, you have dealt with this in its entirety. It is certainly a ridiculous situation to deal with.

Be strong.
    thanks for sharing! it must have been difficult.

Cellomould

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit