Why exactly, DO the JWs continue to beat on doors? What is the POINT?

by WuzLovesDubs 28 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi guys

WHa happenned hi. TV is a good way to publicise and of cause completely unbiblical. Should witnesses set up their own TV channel? From TV evangelisers i've seen it seems to be a good way to get personal recognition/stardom and money but is it good as a preaching tool and one God would approve of? thats for each person to decide.

hi keyser from my reading of the greek scriptures the disciples all preached at all times from city to city and town to town they set up congregations and made older ones leaders in each congregation they also used many letters as encouragment and to keep others upto date on doctrinal deicsions like on circumcism of gentiles etc.

"faith without works is dead" anyone that reads the passage knows it means true faith is accompanied by works because it just is they cannot help it! thats how you know anyone with a false faith because they just mouth their faith but in action prove they are far removed from God.

why would anyone that loves God and his word want to fornicate commit adultery etc? they wouldn't because they love God andpreach because Jesus our king asks it of us as well as the rest.

neverending you make a good point

but Jesus never identified the particular method of preaching as having any importance.

but you can't use this as an excuse to belittle Jws quite effective method if 7 million witneses are to go by. You also can't use this as an excuse not to preach either the command is laid on all of Gods people.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Reniaa:

We are called to be followers of Jesus. Show me one scripture where Jesus went door to door.

While you're on the subject of sticking directly to the Bible, where is the command to fill out field service reports and turn them in? Where is the scriptural support for calling your meeting place a Kingdom Hall? Circuit assemblies? District conventions? Circuit and District overseers?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    you can't use this as an excuse to belittle Jws quite effective method if 7 million witneses are to go by. You also can't use this as an excuse not to preach either the command is laid on all of Gods people.

I don't belittle JWs for going door to door. I call into question the contention that by going door to door they bear a unique identifying mark of true Christians.

I agree with you that Jesus' commandment to make disciples applies to all of his followers, but the command is to make disciples, not to go house to house. A Christian can fulfill this command by preaching to his or her neighbors, family members, and co-workers, without ever knocking on a single door.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

The Bible cannot be applied literally to today...period. Or we would be still putting women in secluded tents until their periods are over, not eating pork, stoning people in public...

Do you think for a NANOSECOND if Jesus appeared today on earth instead of 2000 years ago, that the man WOULDNT use all the modern methods of communications available to him today? That he WOULDNT stand behind a microphone and be SKyped all over the planet and be on CNN? When NO OTHER METHODS OF COMMUNICATIONS WERE AVAILABLE in his day...he used what he had. He went out onto WATER to talk to masses on the shore. He stood on the tops of HILLS to talk down to people on the sides there. He stood on the temple STEPS and preached because THOSE were the ways he had to talk to as many as he could at one time.

And he SOLD NO MAGAZINES OR LAMO SELF SERVING PUBLICATIONS in the process. Also once a person CONVERTED TO CHRISTIANITY he didnt CONTINUE TO GO TO THAT PERSON saying they WERENT SAVED until they did and said EXACTLY what HE did and said or God wouldnt love them.

And THATS what the JWs do....it doesnt matter if a person is a Christian...the JW will say "but you arent a JW so your 'faith' is in Satan and you will be destroyed, Mother Teresa."

The JWs door to door work, and they are NOT the only ones who do this, is as useless as their ability to predict Armageddon.

• moshe
    moshe

Someday the WT leaders will either get the light or maybe not. It is possible that the WT corporation will just keep everyone running on the hamster wheel selling books and studying books as long as possible. Men don't live forever, but corporations can. Truth is whatever you can convince someone it is and that constant busy work in the D2D work is neccessary to keep JW's focused on just the JW version of the truth. The tract work has been a neccesity in making it easier to go D2D and to find WT study victims without too much personal involvement at the door. Why do they do it? -because they are told to do it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"TV is a good way to publicise and of cause completely unbiblical."

Reniaa this is absolutley the dumbest thing I have ever ever ever ever ever ever ever heard. AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! The TV is unbiblical. Where did u read that? 3 Corinthians? 4th letter of John? Perhaps 2 Exodus. You seriously need to reserve that completley factless comment to the borg where it is better appreciated.

So TV Evangilists use cars and toilettes and soap and eat food. So are we supposed to avoid those things because TV evangilists do that as well?

Using the number of JW's as a proof of their success? Hello! Look at all the other religions who started about the same time. Are any of them a smaller religion by numbers?

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Well if TV is unbibical...it holds true then that the INTERNET which the Watchtower Society GODS MOUTHPIECE, uses with great fervor. How do you suppose they explain that? I know...the same way they explained their membership to the UN all those years.... "We just joined to use the library"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and Reniaa is suspiciously silent........

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

chirp...chirp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit