Hello from new member DarthFader

by darthfader 24 Replies latest jw friends

• darthfader
    darthfader

Hello all!

I have been “lurking” in the shadows for a while now – I just got my account from the fine Administrators of this board. I have really enjoyed reading the well thought out comments and critiques of the WTS doctrine.

I have been around the WTS since I was 5 – I left for a while during High School – got to live a little worldly/normal life – then got sucked back in. My Wife has been raised “In the Truth” and even though we’ve been inactive (for a while now), she still has thoughts about the “earthly hope” and seeing her Grandparents some day. Being “outside” is a real struggle for her. So I’m looking for insights on how others have coped, and how they he rebuilt new Faith on a fresh foundation.

More back-story: My Wife and I started our slow fade out about 6 years ago. She has horrible asthma and even though we chose to sit in the back rooms to avoid perfumes and colognes, and attend the meetings, others would look upon us as antisocial. The lack of love slowly wore down my wife to the point she gave up on meetings. I took a more “rational” view of the organization and questioned a number of teachings including the “new light” of the “generation” changes. So, I’ll be lurking some more and putting in my .02 worth – not as eloquently as others here, but still bits and parts.

Darth Fader

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

From one newbie to another, glad you took the same step as me, welcome!

Mattieu.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Welcome to the board D.F. (take your pick)

It's a little late, so there might not be too many responses tonight, but I look forward to your posts.

Double Edge

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome. Great first post. Look forward to many more.

A toast to freedom - well done for making the leap.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Welcome DarthFader!

Congratulations on reclaiming your life. Remember, the WTS has set things up so it will be difficult for a former member to function outside its parameters.

However, since you still have faith, you can put that faith directly in Jesus.

I am glad that you finally decided to come out of lurker mode, and will be looking forward to many more expressive posts.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcome from Australia!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Ok thats the best name anyone's ever had. Use the force to leave the farce. Welcome. W.Once

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome!! Has your wife's health improved since leaving the meetings?

• iceguy
    iceguy

Welcome DarthFader! Just don't use the same avatar as me !

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome - love the name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit