Hello from new member DarthFader

by darthfader 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Okay, you totally win the prize for Best Name!! Darn, why didn't I think of that???? Welcome to the Board and thanks for the background info. I'm in the midst of a slow fade myself.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I agree, best name ever!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Welcome. Hopefully some of the reasoning your wife sees from others on this board will help her find some peace.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Welcome to the board. Get the wife to join too.

• JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

I like your name, welcome!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Welcome to the Board DarthFader!

Sorry to hear that your wife has Asthma and had to endure the congregations form of love(or lack there of).

That is my wife's and one of my sister's biggest hang-ups with the Org is the lack of genuine love.

I was more like you. My issues was more doctrinal. Things that were taught as being from the "mouth of God" himself

or from God's own spokesman. Then they would change it and say it was "new light" and try to back that up with

scripture at Proverbs 4:18 about the light getting brighter. The problem I had with that was what about when they

changed two or three or more times a teaching by going back to what was earlier taught. They could never show me a

scripture to back that up. That it would be like a strobe light and flash on and off again. Sorta like lights on/lights off.

I always as a young kid tried to visualize the scripture at proverbs 4:18 that they would use as sorta like a light on a dimmer

switch and it was being turned slowly to the right to illuminate the room. It made sense to me that way. That it would

get brighter as time went on. But how can they explain changing a teaching then going back to the former way, then

back again. Sounds like someone is screwing with the dimmer switch. Can someone holler at them and tell them

they turning it the wrong way? (If anyone not sure what I'm referring to about the WT changing just look up how

many times they have changed who the Superior Authorities of Romans chapter 13 are,whether the dead of Sodom and

Gomorrah will receive a resurrection or not and also look up who is the Alpha and Omega of Revelation 22:13.)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Hello, Darth. Welcome. Great name!

Looking forward to your participation!

cameo-d

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

anybody that doesn't give the congo a fuzzy feel is label as "not upbuilding".

distorted thinking on their end.

hope you have peace

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Hi, welcome to the board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit