Anyone else going to church this Easter Sunday?

by passwordprotected 18 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

PASSWORD- No thanks. I gave at the office for 44 years. Done my time. I'll be working all night long Sunday night being materialistic earning money. LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope, got a new job and will be working all day Sunday

*I'm getting paid to take care of my brother so it won't be half bad*

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

For the first time since leaving the JWs I am finding myself with a strong desire to do something religious. I am a firm agnostic but . .

Don;t quite know what to say about it. I will decide in the morning about if and where to go. It is strange though, even as a Witness the Memorial never did much for me nor has Easter. If I ever thought I might have the heartstrings yanked I figured it would be Christmas.

I will say however that all these memorial threads put that stupid JW song in my head the past few days. "He died upon a tree, to set all mankind free" grrrr

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Sorry double post

• yknot
    yknot

Sunrise Service at hubby's church.

Congregational Breakfast

Egg Hunt

KH for PT only

Worldly Grandma's for ham.

I too am just an 'observer'........ I doubt I will ever 'get' or 'do' holidays

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

We had our Easter Vigil service tonight (Saturday). I always love the chanting of the Easter Proclamation, the Exultet. It dates from about 400 AD. It begins the service and is sung while the people in the parish have their candles lit. Here's an example from google video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4076356436052707597

• Colton
    Colton

I am! Then we are going to have a huge Easter dinner at my parents. At the end of the service, everyone sings:

TO BE ALIVE AND FEELING FREE,
    AND TO HAVE EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY,
    TO BE ALIVE IN EVERY WAY,
    OH HOW GREAT IT IS TO BE ALIVE.

EVERY DAY THERE IS A NEWNESS,
    SOMETHING ELSE TO DO,
    THE DAWN OF LIFE IS UPON US,
    SO LET THE GLADNESS RING TRUE.

TO BE ALIVE AND FEELING FREE,
    AND TO HAVE EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY,
    TO BE ALIVE IN EVERY WAY,
    OH HOW GREAT IT IS TO BE ALIVE.

TO BE ALIVE

TO BE ALIVE

TO BE ALIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

• NanaR
    NanaR

9 am Mass this morning

Christ is risen!!

Happy Easter everyone.

Ruth

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I haven't been to church since I was homeless for 11 months back then as some of you may remember.

I really like to get back to church and wife has been thinking of going too upon the fact what's all been happening to her in these 11 months (odd coencidence, isn't it?), I'd wouldn't blame her one bit of wanting to go to church to give God thanks for helping her through all these terrible times and for her recovery abit however slow it's been.

I should too be thankful to God for my wife's wonderous recovery. She should have been dead last yer in May, but she didn't. I think to me is the greatest Easter Miracle in the world. My wife is still here with me.

Happy Easter everyone and to many more to come.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit