Anyone else going to church this Easter Sunday?

by passwordprotected 18 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I'm starting my day at 6.30am on top of the Campsie Hills for a brief dawn service with an ecumenical group of Christians. Then it's back to one of the Lennoxtown church for a roll and sausage. Our own church's service is at 12noon, so I may be able to go back to bed for an hour......hahahahahahaha I crack myself up.

What are you guys doing this Easter Sunday?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I feel like a good old fashioned catholic service - I wanna hear some of that easter music

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm not a regular attender, but I'll go to the Easter vigil mass tomorrow night. I always liked that.

W

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I am going to Easter services this Sunday. I am Anglo-Catholic (Episcopalian) and my wife is Russian Orthodox. Since the Russian Orthodox Easter is next week she is able to go to church with me this Sunday for our Easter. New Sunday I will go with her to the Orthodox Church for their Easter service. That is what is so nice about our Church families. We can attend both services as a couple.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes, my family and I are attending a Baptist service with a co-worker of mine. He is getting baptized. There will be breakfast during Sunday School. It starts at 8 AM.

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

Yes I will be going to the morning services and then coming home to fix a big Easter brunch. Then later I will be making an Easter Dinner.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I am going to the 6:30 Episcopailan service as an observer....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I just got back. It was nice enough but I didn't enjoy myself because my back went into a spasm when I was half way there. I sat there in pain for over 2 hours. I think I overdid it kneading dougn to make Paska today.

At any rate, the Paska tastes great!

W

• I quit!
    I quit!

Yes, I'll be going to my church (Episcopalian) at 7:00 am. Then I'll be spending the day at my sister's. It will be very good day. Happy Easter everyone.

• babel on
    babel on

Heading to the 10:30 service at the local baptist church, not a member yet but I love it! the Choir is wonderful still cant get over how good the music sounds. I also like the upbeat message and how the focus is that Jesus is alive and was raised on the third day rather than some somber memorial that acts as if our savior is still dead! Also no crying babies there where they should be in the back singing songs and learning about Jesus in a way they can not only grasp but enjoy doing it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit