F*** the TSA

by Warlock 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Just remember folks, the cops can't compel you to answer anything - other than basic info like your name and address. You have an absolute right to remain silent regarding anything else they ask you. Exercise your rights!

I had a cop threaten to arrest me and have my car towed to impound if I did not consent to a search.

It was ridiculous. There was no reason for it.

I knew they would have to let me go then because I had nothing for them to 'find'.

I figured it was easier to comply and get on with my life than to end up having to pay lawyers to prove I'm innocent and bailing my car out of impound.

Sometimes you just gotta give in or it will cause you more problems and expense down the road.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Search MY car?

Never, but I'm willing to pay the price.

Warlock

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Search MY car?

Never, but I'm willing to pay the price.

Warlock

When you play that game...you think it's about your rights and freedoms, but I wonder if it's just a revenue tactic.

You have to pay both financially and with emotional distress. It upsets your life. It throws you off of your path and goals. It's a sidetrack.

I give them an intimidation win, they feel good and powerful (satisfied belly)....and I am outta there and on my way.

It's always costly to prove a point. It eats your time, your wallet, and your health.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

In listening to the TSA tape...I can't help but wonder why this man took everything so serious.

They would have had a handful with me.

They want to know why I got money in my pocket..... I have a lot of souvenirs to buy. You wanna see my shopping list?

What do I do for a living?

Chronically unemployed. My grandmother gave me this money. You aren't going to send cops to her house and arrest her, are you?

Anyway, I guess what happened to this fella on the tape will now set a precedence of searching and taking away cell phones, etc.

Most people in such a situation do not have a way to 'prove' what happened to them.

Hopefully, technology will be their downfall.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Warlock- Don't play at being stupid... You're not, so don't play at it.

• truman
    truman

I hate TSA. I have fought with them on both coasts. They provide NO security, only intimidation. They are about getting the public accustomed to control.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Warlock- Don't play at being stupid... You're not, so don't play at it.

This has nothing to do with ANY political party.

Warlock

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah right... EVERYTHING on fox news has to do with a political party! You wait in another month they are going to be blaming the despicable TSA on Obama they are just laying the foundations with this video...

• viva
    viva

I agree. F*ck the TSA. In the last 8 years I have had probably over $1000 worth of things stolen out of my checked luggage, none of them against the rules. I have had knives stolen out of checked bags, which is allowed. I have had caribiners stolen out checked luggage, they are even allowed in carry on. I have had other climbing gear stolen out of my checked bags, gear that was very hard to replace at my destination. I have had rocks taken out of my checked bags, even after paying the fee for overwieght bags.

Every time I have tried to recover my property, I am informed it has been destroyed. I don't believe that for a minute. If I can, I fedex anything I can't carry on, but that is not always an option.

• VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit