As a JW or Christian did you have a hard time explaining why God hasn't appeared in almost 2000 years?

by StoneWall 20 Replies latest jw friends

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

For the sake of less argument whether you're a believer or non-believer lets just for the moment say we can

take the bible as it is in current form at face value.

I'm just going to cite a few examples of bible stories of God appearing and if we had been alive back then it

shoulda been proof to all of his existence.

1) leading the Israelites out of Egypt as a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire at night.

2) the waters of the sea miracously parting and allowing the Israelites to go thru on dry land. Then crashing in on Pharoah

and his army later on.

3) Jesus baptism when God's voice declared him to be his son.

4) Adam and Eve evidently talking to God in the Garden even after they had sinned.

And you may have others you could add to this list but those are mine for now.

My question is this. If God can appear and have dialogue with all those from times past and theywere in a sinful state

except Jesus, why can he not appear now and talk to sinners and convince them of his existence?

Where in the Bible does it specifically say he can no longer do this? And yes I'm familier with the he has set a date in

which he intends to judge the inhabitants of the Earth and etc.etc.

Why was it Ok for him to appear to those people back then to convince them that he was and is and yet its

a no-no for us today?

Would it not be more simpler and logical to do as Jesus said and let your yes mean yes and your No mean No?

In other words Yes I exist here I am , stop wasting time in needless arguements over my existence.

Follow me (God) and receive the blessing or don't follow me and receive the malediction (Deuteronomy 11:26-28)

I can't imagine any parents on earth today hiding their existence from their children and then getting mad at their

children for not finding them.

Anyhow just curious how you approached this and even if you no longer believe, what did you tell

yourself back when you did as far as why He don't feel a need to appear any more?

Regards,

StoneWall

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yes.

The last thing Jesus said in Revelation is "Look! I am coming QUICKLY"

It seems that the idea of an earthly hope or Paradise is fast becoming nothing more than a legacy to pass on to the next generation.

I remember one brother who gave a public talk on the Kingdom and he asked the audience why God had taken so long to establish his government. "It takes time to set up a government" said the elder - yeah right - the most powerful, perfect personages in the universe require over a century to bring about perfect world government.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

StoneWall,

You said:

Why was it Ok for him to appear to those people back then to convince them that he was and is and yet its a no-no for us today?

The JWs response to this is that "we have the Bible and therefore we don't need miracles"

• heyfea
    heyfea

I never thought about it when I was a JW, only now I think about it, especially when little girls bodies are found in suitcases too often. I mean, really, God didn't leave the Isrealites alone for more than just a few centuries. Isn't 20 centuries much too long to be waiting on God to fix things? How much suffering can humans take?

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

You can talk to god.

Option 1 - Climb up to the highest mountian (lack of Oxygen), like they did in the bible when they talked to god.

Option 2 - Dont eat or drink for 30 days (mind goes a little crazy)

Option 3 - Just tell people that you talked to god (that is what they did in the bible), When the heavens opened up at Jesus babtism only John and Jesus were there, and even John had to ask Jesus if he was gods son after, because he must not of heard god very clearly.

Option 4 - Try some magic mushrooms.

Just try one of these options and you can talk to god anytime that you want.

elder-schmelder

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

This bothered me and I kept researching and found a good answer.

God is a spaceman from Nibiru.

He came here to mine gold to patch a hole in his planets atmosphere.

He found the mining hard, so he genetically engineered an apeman with himself

combining apeman strenth with spaceman brains and made us.

This is not science fiction but it is recorded in ancient history in the text of Summeria,

mans first modern civilization.

You can read about it in the 12th planet by zechariah sitchin.

Once you read the 12th planet, you will see the editors of the bible also left

much of the truth in the bible.

In Genesis you see god refered to in the plural, it was a body of spacemen managing

their minning endeavor here on earth. They created a worker, us, to mine their gold

and to take care of them.

Today, I think god is with us.

At least as demigods, the decendants of the nephelim, they are the leaders of the world

and the governments.

Kings, Queens, Presidents.

I have been talking about the Gods of the bible Satin and Jehovah aka ENiki and Enhil.

As far as the big God, universal intelligence and the conciousness that is powering

everything.

I dont think he has ever been to earth.

He probably just observes everything in his easy chair, while he's smoking a doobie.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Truthseeker said: The JWs response to this is that "we have the Bible and therefore we don't need miracles"

Ok getting back to one of my other points is what do they base that on? Where is it stated in Bible that since

we have it there is no reason for God to appear or show himself?

And Elder-Schmelder I think there have been many people thru history that have talked to god in the ways you

have described. LOL

Why do they always have to be so far away from others to validate their claims huh? If God going to show himself

or talk to one person and go to all that trouble why not just go ahead and talk to a lot at once and that way they

can all write it down for accuracy checks?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

God is a spaceman from Nibiru.

He came here to mine gold to patch a hole in his planets atmosphere.

How big of a patch are we talking?

How do you know when it's completed?

Why has he not taken ALL of the gold?

Could that be why planet x/nibiru is headed in this direction soon?

Why didn't god just go to Jared's?

BTW...you explanation is as good, if not better, than any that I have ever heard.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Stonewall

Truthseeker said: The JWs response to this is that "we have the Bible and therefore we don't need miracles"

Ok getting back to one of my other points is what do they base that on? Where is it stated in Bible that since

we have it there is no reason for God to appear or show himself?

It's been said to me and I've heard it said from the platform that because we have the Bible we know more than the ancient Israelites and even the prophets did about Jehovah's purpose for manking. We have a record of Jesus' miracles, therefore we don't need modern-day miracles because we should have faith in the Bible's testimony that such miracles happened.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd much rather see a miracle happen than read an account that happened 2,000 years ago - even though I happen to believe some of the written testimony, seeing is believing.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What bothered me was why God continues to allow wickedness, since the ransom was paid 2000 years ago. JWs say it is only 2 days in Gods timetable, but that does not sit with me because it does not show love to a humans timetable to which 2000 years have been generations of suffering for billions of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit