The idiocy of accepting new people to the KH with no background checks!

by restrangled 27 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks for the great input and I will try to answer some of the questions and comments.

The guy married the full time pioneer within 6 months of showing up at the hall. No one knew his background. He was just "New" After they were married, the girl applied for an apartemnt and they were turned down because of his felony convictions. (This was the first she was aware of his history.)......if someone in charge had done their homework, this may have never happened. I would blame the girl for not doing hers, but as you know the internet is thoroughly frowned upon for witnesses.

JW's tend to assume that anyone studing or new to the fold is sheep like, and they "love bomb" them to a fault. They also have the attitude that God is protecting them from harm. Here in Florida there are so many transients that the Clerk of the Court in our county allows everything on line so that neighbors, churches, schools, etc., can look up any name and get the information they need for free. All other counties charge a fee, but everything is still available.

I wonder if this isn't one of the reasons bookstudy night was done away with in homes. Some one mentioned a class distinction within witness homes. I never saw that myself, and the reason I mentioned my mom's home being nice was she was very worried she could be considered a future place to be robbed.

I am not talking about checking everyone who walks through the doors of a KH. I am talking about people who just show up and become very involved very quickly. I think thats why letters are forwarded from previous congregations for people who have moved. It is a type of background verification.

I served as a Condominium President in a tight knit gated community. Every application for purchase was thoroughly researched and screened by myself personally. Several felons were turned down. I am not talking about someone caught with pot. It was always due to drug dealing, assult, embezzalment, etc. Also every contractor was screened to the hilt, and boy did I catch some doozies!

Everyone has a right to know who they are dealing with...personally, in business, at church, or dealing with your children.

r.

• minimus
    minimus

But you EXPECT to deal with "sinners". If church groups required verification, it would mean very few could be allowed within church walls. I don't think it's the same thing as with a condo screening.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Agreed Minimus,.... the difference is in "Church" and in someone's private home. I believe Jeff T mentioned they even have security at his church.

The JW's are very vulnerable to those who find Jesus in Jail and are released.

r

• minimus
    minimus

I think having people in your home every week sucks anyway. I knew a guy that said the demons were after him while at the home bookstudy. He excused himself to the bathroom and masturbated there. No lie!

• restrangled
    restrangled

There ya go Minimus..........you have me cracking up!

One other Tuesday night book study story that my mom relayed to me. Everytime this little girl would go to the bathroom....a guest bathroom that was rarely used.....and would disappear for 20 minutes. Mom always noticed extreme amounts of toilet paper were used, and things seemed shuffled with in the bathroom, but couldn't quite put her finger on it.

When mom finally had real guests, the toilet backed up spewing everything this girl had flushed, including what must have been an entire forest's worth of toilet paper. It flooded the bathroom and hallway.

r.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Everyone has a right to know who they are dealing with...personally, in business, at church, or dealing with your children.

Not entirely true. Everyone has a right to a measure of privacy as well. I don't have the right to investigate every one of my coworkers. I don't have the right to stick my nose into the life of every person that sits next to me in church. I don't have the right to ask for references from every hot dog vendor or convenience store cashier. Dealing with children is another matter, and thorough checks should be made into the history of anyone working with children. As with any type of security, it's a question of risk assessment. Nothing can ever be perfectly secure. The level of screening should be commensurate with the level of privilege they're requesting.

Before we discuss this any further, I need more information about you. I require this for my personal safety and security. The information I require is listed below:

1. Full name, address, zip code, social security number, and mother's maiden name.
    2. Marital status. How many times?
    3. Name of employer, position held, length of employment.
    4. Do you smoke?
    5. Do you or have you ever taken drugs?
    6. Did you inhale?
    7. Have you ever been convicted or any crime?
    8. Have you ever committed a crime of any sort for which you were not convicted?
    9. Do you use profane language? Why or why not?
    10. Have you ever danced naked in the moonlight?
    11. Have you ever gone to the bathroom, forgotten to wash your hands, typed on your keyboard, and later called IT to come and help you with a computer problem? (this is a pet peeve of mine)

I do have a more comprehensive list of questions, but this should do for now.

W

• StAnn
    StAnn

I think most church people who have meetings in their homes today are inviting small groups of people they know. The problem with the bookstudy is that the homeowner didn't get to pick and choose who came into their home. It was pretty much open to the public. In that case, the WTS should at least have had a document people could read and sign telling them that background checks weren't done and that they were exposing themselves to risk by allowing the bookstudy to meet in their homes.

But it's no longer an issue, is it?

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

FF, "yes" to the dancing naked in the moonlight. Many moons ago.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit