The idiocy of accepting new people to the KH with no background checks!

by restrangled 27 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am not too worried about the drug crimes. However, if a pedophile or a burglar is going to be meeting in private homes, I would be rather worried--someone can go into a book study and case the place from there, and burgle the place later. And there are those pedophiles that have the freedom to molest children in private homes.

Makes a little weed or cocaine sound quite tame.

• blondie
    blondie

I do believe that some groups run background checks on people that work with children and also work with the money and who drive people around. I knew of jw children that stole from the people where the book study was held. A background check would not have helped then. They finally had to lock their bedroom doors and have them accompanied by a parent when going to the bathroom.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Our church screens everybody working with children, money, driving or after hours access to the building. We do have small groups that meet at homes, but they mostly know each other already. Anybody can walk into a service, but we also have security people there.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Maybe there has been some issues along this line and that is perhaps, another reason why the home book studies were dropped.. the new member wont go to the hall for field service if they are bogus, but maybe would go to the hall for the meetings??????

just a thought --

• blondie
    blondie

No background checks were done by my employer until they in quick succession hired 2 people in accounting who had been fired for embezzlement at their last job (one had been in the newspaper). And then there were the convicted child molesters that worked with people who had no idea and allowed them to socialize with their children.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I know that I have said this before. I bet there is some child molesters who join the WTBTS, or just study with them for easy access to kids. I mean think about it. If you really wanted to take advantage of a group in a sinister way, who would be better the the JWs ?

What do you think?

• wednesday
    wednesday

Restrangled, I am sorry to hear your mothers wishes were not respected. If she is alone and felt uneasy was the conducter notifed? He should have handled that. If your mother is unable to do this maybe you can do it for her. I would traverse hill and dale for one my family and certainly understand your feelings.

I have seen the book study arrangement abused several ways. I have seen persons who were DF then RS not welcomed into a home and forced to attend the KH book study. It is a way of stigmatizing and also one of the many ways jws are so biased against those who have "sinned". I have also seen it used to keep the poorer less well off jws out of the nicer jws homes. We all know jws have class distinctions --just like everyone else.

I think it does matter why a person was DF, a child molester is different than common fornication. Of course I think according to the Bible all serious sins incur the same penalty. I'm not really disturbed by most things jws DF for. However, a child molester, a murderer , a rapist, armed robbery- those things have the potential to harm me personally. However, If we stigmitize those who have sinned are we not making it harder for them to turn their life around? I find this confusing to deal with , especially if I call myself a christian.

As several have said, any position that puts you in contact with children or in authority should require some clearance.

(I can find no way to make spellcheck work in firefox, sorry )

• celtic_snow
    celtic_snow

i agree totallly, they given full access to vulnerable people and esp children who are told these strangers are now aunties and uncles and just accepted and welcomed wit open arms....an absolute joke considering that anyone of these new aunties and uncles could be dangerous

• blondie
    blondie

I will say this, molesters are more likely family members than strangers. It is best to keep children as safe as possible to be wary of behaviors from any adult, or older child.

• minimus
    minimus

Now that bookstudy homes are obsolete, it shouldn't be a problem in a private home. Regarding making sure a person clears a background check before entering a church or KH, now that would be "idiocy".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit