I'm disgusted by YOU

by skeeter1 64 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

Parakeet, I ruffled feathers and wrote in an inflamatory style on purpose. It feels like only fluff and sex get attention around here.

Thank goodness we have at least one poster here who gives a damn and knows exactly what the rest of us should do.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

HappyEx & Black Sheep,

You are right. People do have the right to be stupid in a free society. But, the question is not at the person level, it's at the organized church level.

Does an organized church with millions of followers have the right to make deceptive, deadly arguments and back up the death decision with coercion (disfelloshipping, etc.)?

I'd say the Watchtower Society has the right to say "no blood" and the adult patient has the righ to say "no blood", as long as each as playing their cards straight. If the WT said, "You'll likely die if you don't get blood" and "we won't shun you if you do", then I'd say there is a level playing field.

Everyone in Jonestown knew the lemonaid was tainted with poison. They were shot if they didn't drink. So, Jim Jones didn't lie to or coerce anyone, did he? They put themselves and their children in that situation, right? This is Jim Jones times tens of thousands.

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

HappyEx & Black Sheep,

You are right. People do have the right to be stupid in a free society. But, the question is not at the person level, it's at the organized church level.

Does an organized church with millions of followers have the right to make deceptive, deadly arguments and back up the death decision with coercion (disfelloshipping, etc.)?

I'd say the Watchtower Society has the right to say "no blood" and the adult patient has the righ to say "no blood", as long as each as playing their cards straight. If the WT said, "You'll likely die if you don't get blood" and "we won't shun you if you do", then I'd say there is a level playing field.

Everyone in Jonestown knew the lemonaid was tainted with poison. They were shot if they didn't drink. So, Jim Jones didn't lie to or coerce anyone, did he? They put themselves and their children in that situation, right? This is Jim Jones times tens of thousands.

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Parkakeet, yes we should all do sex and fluff more.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Parkakeet, yes we should all do sex and fluff more.

If Simon doesn't object to it, why should you? Start your own fluff-free site.

Better threads than yours have been buried in marshmallow. If you object to that, talk to Simon. He set the site up that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit