Kundalini "the 'original' coiled serpent"...anyone here familiar with it?

by lurk3r 65 Replies latest jw friends

• lurk3r
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I think I have experienced what is called "Kundalini Rising."

BTS

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I'm no expert, but I've heard of it. It's a type of yoga. While most yoga practiced in the US is just for exercise, Kundalini is a spiritual practice. It is Hindu, but I have heard of people from other religious traditions benefiting from it. I have never done it myself.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Where is Nvrgngbck? He knows about it!

• Satanus
    Satanus

A poster called dolphman had a spontaneous kundalini rising experience. He went to some length describing man of the manifesation, and of course, defending himself from skeptics. You can look him up in the members directory.

S

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

omg that is one scary experience

• Robdar
    Robdar

There is plenty on the internet and at book stores regarding Kundalini. Why do you ask? Having some strange symptoms?

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Why do you ask? Having some strange symptoms?

omg that is one scary experience

I ask, because I went through a terror filled experience a number of years ago. It was an experience that left me in a state of conflict, and it's not something that most people would understand or relate to. I carry it with me to this day, and am presently trying to work the nerve up to perhaps post it here sometime. It's my understanding that the whole "awakening" is different for everyone. Having read numerous books and hearing various experiences with the whole "process", I have never really been able to find a proper place to settle. It's a no brainer for someone who lives black and white, but my world has many shades of grey.

Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the suggestion Satanus.

lurk3r

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yes, there are many shades of gray. Skeptics are gonna be skeptics but I am not a skeptic. PM me if you want.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Here is Dolphman's post. The thread is excellent. I agree with him and LittleToe spoke. Many names for the same thing.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/73169/2/Signs-of-an-Awakening-Kandalini

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit