Witnesses kicked out of town

by chester 28 Replies latest jw friends

• chester
    chester

Check this story out. I have not seen it posted anywhere yet.

.. http://www.clevescene.com/issues/2001-12-06/news2.html/1/index.html

• mindfield
    mindfield
    "I've dealt with these people when I lived in another community down the river," he says. "They keep coming back. Finally, I told the man to get off my porch before I threw him off."

An excellent point. In a village small like that, it doesn't take a lot of time before the territory is done again.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Oh how Christian:

"So the Jehovah's Witnesses sued the little village 80 miles southeast of Cleveland, claiming the statute violates their freedom of speech and religion rights."
    Lawsuits are always a great sign of a tender god-fearing love thy neighbor attitude.
  • Rex B13
    Rex B13

LOL, I know both of these guys, Fred is the Sheriff in Jefferson County and his brother is the mayor of Stratton. I helped out working some of the Stratton territory when I was a dub (my original incarnation up to about '88). After I quit being a dub, me and Fred's son, Sammy, partied a lot at his nightclub and other 'social clubs'.
    All of these guys are 'real people'. The sheriff beat the feds on a gambling rap and we keep re-electing the guy. Sammy is a long-haired, Jan Hoagland type who has cool bands at his club (We once saw a Doors tribute band and these guys looked an played the parts. The lead singer has the whole deal, hairdo, leather, smoking a cigarette and grinding against the mike stand.) The mayor has a bar/restaurant and he serves the best steak in the county.
    Stratton is going to win big on this one. They are not singling out anyone and it's the same as when a householder tells dubs in no uncertain ternms not to come back.
    Later,
    Rex

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama
    Lawsuits are always a great sign of a tender god-fearing love thy neighbor attitude.

Oh shut up! Witnesses are fighting for their right to preach to people. Filing a suit is not unloving, it's a right.

• ianao
    ianao

Notice the cult mentality in action as the devout witness YoYoMamma contradicts his morals by mentally rationalizing a separation from evil human governments and protection from those very same governments in the same thought.

Excellent double-think at work.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

ianao: Are you a moron or are you just acting like one? The Witnesses use the system for their benefit. We learned from Paul.

• ianao
    ianao
    Are you a moron or are you just acting like one? The Witnesses use the system for their benefit. We learned from Paul.

Sadly, we must watch again as the cult mentality kicks in. Lashing back at my analysis with petty insults. Of course, I cannot answer YoYo's question. It is up to YoYo to decide whether or not he/she/it/them view me as a "moron". Another aspect of individual personality muted by cult conditioning. Note how the cult-victim continues to rationalize his contradictory stance by quoting scripture in an attempt to justify his stance, knowing full well that he would chastize a member of another christian faith for doing likewise. A truly sad neurosis, especially since YoYo's recent discovery of his very own leadership's unnecessary compromize of "good chiristian principles" for the sake of "a library card".

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

You are making me laugh ianao.

knowing full well that he would chastize a member of another christian faith for doing likewise
    Actually in this case I would not. Other religions also have their own rights to practice their faith in this country.
  • ianao
    ianao
    You are making me laugh ianao.

Ahh! There is indeed hope for the cult-victim is he is still able to use a cherished human device known as "humor".

Actually in this case I would not. Other religions also have their own rights to practice their faith in this country.
    Bravo YoYoMama! You are one step closer to seeing reality beyond your cultic upbringing. You seem closer to understanding that your mind-controlling cult is nothing more but another of this world's failing religions. This is indeed progress!!! Perhaps soon you will be in a position to help your fellow man instead of your fellow follower, and help make the world a better place.

You deserve a cookie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit