Most stupid blames on Satan....

by Albert Einstein 15 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

Have you also heard something really stupid being blamed on Satan????

I remember reading WTS blurbs warning dubs to be careful accepting any kind of gift from "unbelievers," because Satan might have squeezed a bit of his evil into the gift, however innocuous it looked.

The story usually ran something like this: "Sister Dub was given a potholder from her unbelieving [and therefore evil] mother-in-law. Terrible events ensued: dub sees objects flying through the air and hears things that go bump in the night. Sister Dub suspects the potholder, throws it out, and all is hunky-dory in dubland again."

On the other hand, I think it's really stupid when I see sports teams (on both sides) praying to God for a victory before a game. The vastness of the whole (supposedly created) universe, and they think God is interested in their game?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I remember reading WTS blurbs warning dubs to be careful accepting any kind of gift from "unbelievers," because Satan might have squeezed a bit of his evil into the gift, however innocuous it looked.

The story usually ran something like this: "Sister Dub was given a potholder from her unbelieving [and therefore evil] mother-in-law. Terrible events ensued: dub sees objects flying through the air and hears things that go bump in the night. Sister Dub suspects the potholder, throws it out, and all is hunky-dory in dubland again."

On the other hand, I think it's really stupid when I see sports teams (on both sides) praying to God for a victory before a game. The vastness of the whole (supposedly created) universe, and they think God is interested in their game?

An elder always warned me against buying second hand goods, like stereo equipment, because Satan may have possessed it. Once you start down that slippery slope there is not end to what Satan could be in and attacking us through.

And I agree with you about sport, how could a person possibly think that God is on their side. How illogical. But then the whole concept of God answer pray is quite illogical. If it happens it was God, if it doesn't happen then there is some excuse for why he didn't answer that pray, such as it being a test. But again it is a slippery slope - why didn't God answer the pray for a safe trip on the way to a meeting when a person has a car accident -> why was a child born with a disability -> why does God allow wickedness.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hummm...

How did Satan get in the Kingdom Hall?

Did he wait till the door was open and slip in with one of you all?

This calls for investigation!

lol -

"Mephistopheles: ...but things have now assumed another shape;

the devils in the house and can't escape.

Faust: Whats the matter with the window then?

Mephistopheles: A law that ghosts and devils must obey:

Whichever way they entered, that's the way

they go out by. The entrance they are free

to choose, but not the exit.

Faust: I am glad to see

Hell has its rules and regulations too.

In which case a contract made with you

would be adhered to?

Mephistopheles: To the very letter.

But these things all take time. It might be better

if we could talk of all this later. Now

I really need your gracious leave to go.

FAUST: I never asked you come here. You fell

into a trap that was not of my making.

Let him who holds the Devil, hold him well:

another time he's not so easily taken."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The heating system can properly be blamed on their getting a crap system--Satan did not pick out a crap
    system. That goes for the air conditioning.

I have heard Satan being blamed for people leaving the "truth". In fact, it is that there are so many blatant
    irregularities within the religion. Mistreatment within the congregation (that does not abate), doctrines that
    keep changing, and glaring lies within the Unholy Bible itself cause one to question the whole religion. And
    they do not get straight answers from within--so they look outside. Of course, they blame poor Satan.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Everything get's blamed on satan - the JWs & some other christain faiths give the debbil a hellofa lot of power. Their god must be puny in comparisson.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Someone cut corners with the quick build, bought an inferior heating system, maybe pocketed the difference and is now trying to cover by blaming Old Nick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit