Farkel's CUT TO THE CHASE field service tactics are pretty sick!

by Dogpatch 31 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

was Jesus sick too?

Luke 17:26-37 (New International Version)

26 "Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

28 "It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. 29 But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all.

30 "It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31 On that day no one who is on the roof of his house, with his goods inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything. 32 Remember Lot's wife! 33 Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. 34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35 Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left." [a]

37 "Where, Lord?" they asked.
    He replied, "Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather."

• Farkel
    Farkel

reniaa,

So you approve of my field service presentations, then!

Farkel

• willyloman
    willyloman

I have probably spent thousands of hours in FS and worked with many thousands of other "publishers" at these doors. I don't think I can recall one person who ever really "preached the good news" or told the real truth at the door. JWs are trained in "talking points" and to "spin" the message.

If a Witness ever showed up at someone's door and told them why we they really there, the results would be not unlike Farkel's illustration above. A really honest presentation would have to sound something like this:

Despite all the lies told to you by your priest, pastor, rabbi or Sunday School teacher, Jesus didn't start ruling in Heaven until sometime between 1914 and 1918 and he is now actively gathering the few "real" Christians on the earth into Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses. As soon as they're all gathered, he's going to wreak havoc on the earth and kill every man, woman, child, and all the animals except for the birds who will be spared so they can pick the carcasses clean.

You've got a very short amount of time to decide that what I'm saying is true and do something about it. "Doing something" will involve turning your back on your family and friends and nearly all the people you have ever met, as well as your country and perhaps your job. You will have to quit your political party, service club, bowling league, and whatever church you occasionally go to. You will have to change your mind about everything you now believe. You should be prepared to lose most or all of your children. You must learn to take the word of the Watchtower leadership, a group of men you don't know and will probably never meet, and build your life around every word they utter. And if you don't embrace all this, and soon, I'm talking to a dead man. It's all in the Bible.

You won't find that presentation in the "Reasoning" book nor will it be suggested from the platform, ever.

But it's the unspoken message dubs bring to every door.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Amen to Willyloman

• reniaa
    reniaa

no farkel too blunt and speculation. we have no idea how armageddon will happen but it's a bible teaching not a witness one!

Should we be like the majority of christianity and pretend it won't happen? or put our hands over our eyes and go lalalala when we come to those difficult scriptures that are full of warnings of the last days?

Jesus was blunt he had come to save people but he made it clear that hope was it's fruitage, it doesn't just end with armageddon!

• villabolo
    villabolo

Reniaa, don't you get the joke. It's irrelevant how armageddon happens or how scriptural it is because he is lampooning, and appropriately so, the JW version or interpretation of armageddon. That is how JWs act and think and I have first hand experience in having heard a witness actually talk about taking possession of somebody elses ranch after armageddon.

Should we be like the majority of christianity in any sense not just doctrinal? No. The Bible is rife with contradictions, absurdities and obscenities. It simply lacks credibility.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Should we be like the majority of christianity and pretend it won't happen?

I know a lot of Christians and the "majority" of them don't pretend anything...they believe it will happen too, just not the JW "twisted" verson.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

We do know what will happen. The WT has given us imagery since they started printing.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thank you SO much Farkel...I didnt do what Mary did !!!!! ( It didnt come off) But I laughed till I cried.

So true !!!! what liars we were. I am so greatful I NOW know that God looks at hearts NOT religions.

Please give us some more of your door to door examples .

I remember working with a brother & the door we called on had a beautiful boat beside it.
    & the Brother told the householder ,when the big A came he would be destroyed... but this brother was coming
    back for the boat. I did feel uncomfortable. But he was an elder So I had to be submissive

Thanks Randy

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi black sheep the bible doesn't have pictures but here's the word picture aka bible.

Revelation 8:6-8 (New International Version)

6 Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.

7 The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood,

hmmm maybe you should tell john off for being to visual in his warnings?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit