Never heard much of this scripture at the meetings

by startingover 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

:TO THE making of many books there is no end.

If that is bad, I wonder how God feels when people not only MAKE many books, but forces people to believe ALL of these books are from God, yet copyrights these books in their own name and prosecutes those who distribute what GOD has written without their permission, who forces people to buy these books (or die), and then forces people to sell these books (or die). And after all of that, makes a PROFIT both the purchase AND the sales on these books and uses that money to benefit NO ONE but themselves. Some of the money is invested and earns interest or other income for them, and the rest is used to print even MORE books so the cycle can continue.

"Jesus wept." - John 11:35

Farkel

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

*** w07 9/1 p. 4 "Written for Our Instruction" ***TO THE making of many books there is no end." (Ecclesiastes 12:12) The glut of printed matter available today makes those words as true today as when they were written. How, then, can a discerning reader decide what deserves his attention?

The Holy Spirit bears witness. We are all endowed with this.

As you begin to trust your intuition and develop critical thinking skills ....your ability to rationalize will certainly show you what is not true.

Many people seem to think that we should have a valid truth to instantly replace a non-truth.

That's not so.

Sometimes it seems to be a process of elimination.

We may not know what the real truth is...but at least we learn to recognize what is a lie.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard it a lot, but always in context with worldly materials. And it is true--and will continue being true as long as the Establishment protects its own viewpoints and tries to dumb down everyone else. This is not a bad thing--much of the reading material is actually constructive and unveils the truth about so many things.

However, when applied to the Washtowels, Asleeps, Kingdumb Miseries, and other littera-trash, this is designed to prevent the readers from finding the real truth. The Washtowel Slaveholdery wants the witlesses to be so busy reading their washtowels and asleeps, and doesn't want them reading independent material. They might get another religion's viewpoint, or better yet an atheist's, and leave the cancer.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I went to the KH after a few years away once before and IT WAS INCREDIBLE.

1. It was like I had never left. I could quote all of the scriptures in the WT.
    2. Topics that never go away are;
    3. We are sooo close to the end.
    4. Those that miss meetings are materialistic. Put the org. I mean kingdom first.
    5. Satan uses the same traps to catch the weak again and again.
    6. Apostates are bad.
    7. Sex is bad, because the world glorifies it.
    8. Remember the end is close.
    9. Drinking is bad.
    10. Facebook is bad. My space is evil.
    11. The internet is bad.
    12. The end is sooo close, we can tell because_______________. Fill in the blank.
    13. College is bad.
    14. The (college educated) brothers in Africa are woried about u because of your materialism.
  • purpleplus
    purpleplus

You know, when I first read this scripture it was being applied to "worldly" books but I thought, "Couldn't that apply to the Society too?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit