Depressed! -need to vent

by tresdecu 23 Replies latest jw friends

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Stuck in the borg...meeting was terrible last night. When is something else big gonna happen. Like: no more time slips, no more tms/sm, co/do gone for sure??? waiting and hoping. Need some more good indiside info....where are all the informants?

####################################

Hi "tresdecu",

see here if that may help you

" For those Mourning ... You Blessed Ones" / by "littleone"

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2567

I hope it helps.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

wantingtruth - thank you and welcome to the board. I like your name I want truth too! But I am just going to give up, after 30 years of thinking I had it, I don't know what to believe right now. Just feel lost. I will check out that link, when I have more time to read it.

Openmind - "you'll need to work on your appreciation brother" when I read that line I subconciously imitated the annoying speaking voice of our annoying CO. & I appreciate my couch too. And I appreciate that I have never heard the word appreciate so much....it's another over used JW word.

• donny
    donny

I know the feeling! I hung around for 4 years knowing it was not the "truth". I did it because I wanted to keep the family intact, but eventually it was just too much to bear even for that. I have several talks from the 1980's on videotape and I tried looking at them a few months back and I dont see how I endured that mess week after week and year after year.

Don

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome to the forum, wantingtruth. Are you a current jw?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Stop being depressed by being in the Borg and leave, you've obviously have lost your dedication to the cause, your being there doesn't

really help the people that are faithfully dedicated.

You may have intellectually grow out the spiritual mindset now, it may be time for you to pursue other interests and directions.

• parakeet
    parakeet

When is something else big gonna happen.

Never. The WTS will keep stringing their slaves along with failed prediction after failed prediction. They've been doing that for more than 100 years -- it's one of the things they do well.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Get out, get out now! I am almost 50, and was raised in it. The meetings never changed, the content never changed. The carrots held out in front rotted off the stick.

This religion encourages depression. The bottom line message,.....Forget this life, make sure you have done enough before you die, and even then it may not be enough to make it to paradise. You have UNDESERVED kindness, and you,.... most likely are not good enough.

Please stop now, save your emotional and physical health while you still have a chance.

NOTHING CHANGES IN THIS RELIGION, EXCEPT PREDICTIONS THAT DON'T COME TRUE.

r.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Restrangled said: The carrots held out in front rotted off the stick.

That pretty much tells it, Sister.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

tresdecu,

I hear ya, my circumstances have me stuck too. But I have two words for you to get you through the meetings... no, wait, it's one word... "daydream"! Look all around you at the next meeting. What are most of the "youths" doing? What are many of the adults doing? Sure, their bodies are in the chairs, but their brains have left the building.

Although there are big things that come along, like scrapping a meeting night at the start of this year, don't underestimate what may be going on locally. Surely there are some busybodies in your congregation that will gladly share some dirt. Or, if you're much of a performer, play "stump the scholars" with some carefully phrased questions. For example, we might be tempted to say, "this 'generation' explanation is a pile of sh!t!" However, we may instead explain, "A return visit asked me about 1914, so I started using the explanation from the Reasoning book under 'Dates', but it said this on page 97, 'In the meantime, the very difficult conditions foretold for "the last days" would prevail. As shown under the heading "Last Days," those events have been clearly in evidence since 1914. Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the "great tribulation" in which the present wicked world will end.—Matt. 24:21, 22, 34.' I was embarrassed by this obvious error in the Reasoning book. I checked WTLib to see what the new explanation of 1914 would be, but it is exactly the same. Is this book going to be updated? Or are we supposed to give people bad information?"

Anyway, that's how old Billy keeps things interesting at the local kingdumb hall.

B the X

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

quote tresdecu

wantingtruth - thank you and welcome to the board. I like your name I want truth too! But I am just going to give up, after 30 years of thinking I had it, I don't know what to believe right now. Just feel lost. I will check out that link, when I have more time to read it.

--------------------------------------------

Thank you for welcoming me,

I advice you to give up in following "the Org." , but do not give up in believing God's word and the ONE He sent to us : his Son , Jesus Christ

He commanded us to "seek first God's Kingdom and his righteussness" (Matt 6:33)

"what to believe right now ? " -- do start in believing God's command : "this is my beloved Son , listen to him ! " .... and "him" will teach us

let us see an example : "when does Kingdom of Heaven start ruling in Heaven according to Jesus teaching ?"

see here some words (see posts 28,30 ) God's Kingdom

anyway , the truth (of God ) will make you free , friendly , wantingtruth.

=======================================================

quote rebel8

welcome to the forum, wantingtruth. Are you a current jw?

----------------------------------

thank you , the answer is I am not jw , but I am believer and seeker for truth ( as revealed on Bible )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit