Can anyone tell me what the G20 protesters are protesting about???

by Confucious 36 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
  • Spook
    Spook

They are protesting the fact that the global system has problems...with the undefensible assumption that not only is some other hypothetical system better (in some hard to define way), but that this hypothetical system is possible and that we ought to reject this system...perhaps through violent revolution...in favor of the other.

The theorize that the current economic crisis is an avoidable one i.e. based on a problem with external situations, not on a fundamental condition of human biological nature (such as irrational optimism and self interest, for example).

• Confucious
    Confucious

A long time ago, I had someone who was working for me.

He was upset at either me or the job I gave him.

I can't even remember.

Finally, I just turned to him and said, "What do you want me to do?"

He literally said, "I don't know."

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

I liked the one sign that said

"Eat The Rich"

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Perhaps that 87% of the wealth in the world belongs to 4% of the population?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

One newspaqper said britian and America have had their wings clipped in that their freewheeling capitalism is at an end (the freewheeling aspect that is) and also that capitalism must develop a conscience before they have more money thrown at them.

I thought this point here below is also interesting from another newspaper.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7980394.stm

Is it the beginning of a new world economic order? ...

New consensus

But there are hints, in the rhetoric and in substantive measures, that a new way of running the world economy may be emerging from the G20 process.

President Barack Obama said as much when he acknowledged that the 'Washington consensus' of unfettered globalisation and deregulation was now outmoded, and called for a more balanced approach to regulating markets rather than letting them run free.

And it is the shift in the US position, which was previously the strongest opponent of international regulation, that has opened the way for a much broader attempt to regulate the financial sector.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Ultimately whether it's a global economy or a local one...

It's all about the goods.

Can an individual, a city, a country create enough goods that people want.

Ultimately, it all goes back to good ol'fashion capitalism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit