Can anyone tell me what the G20 protesters are protesting about???

by Confucious 36 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

They want to fight. For their right. To party.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

the anti capitalists protesters and the environmentalists protestors are the most numerous and they are also at loggerheads with one another.

• ninja
    ninja

they are protesting at the downgrading of water.....from H20 to G20.......the swines

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

they are protesting at the downgrading of water.....from H20 to G20.......the swines

yes - and that's prolly why many were blowing bubbles

Beluga bubbles

• JeffT
    JeffT

During the WTO protests here in Seattle a reporter was interviewing some clown that had just been prying the sign of the Nike store in downtown, trying to get him to say something, anything intelligible about why he was protesting. At one point the reporter asked if he even knew what WTO stood for. The response was "I don't give a rat's ass."

A couple of years ago my son was walking down the hall at Seattle Central Community College (always a hot bed for this stuff) and a bunch of kids ran by yelling "come on we're having a protest." He started to follow them but stopped when he heard some kid in the middle of the pack yell "What are we protesting?"

• frozen one
    frozen one

From the movie "The Wild One" starring Marlon Brando:

Mildred: What are you rebelling against, Johnny?

Johnny: Whaddya got?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I think a lot of protesters are there voicing their disgust at globalisation.

Bankers were told not to wear suits in London while the G20 is on, as they will attract protesters to their badge of wealth and prestige in these dire times.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Interesting post by Gay Patriot:

Two Protests Each Attract 4,000–Only One Makes MSM

After reading that anti-globalisation/anti-war protests in London drew “about 4,000 protesters,” I thought that number of protesters looked familiar, so I decided to check how many showed up at last month’s “Tea Party” protesting higher taxes and increased government spending in Cincinnati. Looks like I was onto something. According to the local paper, “about 4,000 protesters showed up.”

Crowds about the same size should generate about the same amount of coverage, right?

Turns out not to be the case at all. A google news search for “ London Protests ” (without the quotation marks) yield 9,174 hits whereas “Cincinnati Tea Party” (again without the quotation marks) yields only 62. You’ll note that most of the big media outlets turn up for the first search while mostly local outlets turn up for the second.

So, I decided to do another google search to find the population of each city. London has “7,517,700 as of mid 2005,” Cincinnati “364,040.” In both cases, I’m not including surrounding areas. (That’s .05% of London’s population, but over 1% of Cincinnati’s.)

And of course there’s the added attention paid to London because of the G20 taking place there at present.

Maybe it was the violence of the London protests that called for additional media attention. (A google search of “violence London protests” yields 95 times as many hits as that search I did for just plain news about the Cincinnati Tea Party.)

Or maybe it was something else.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Burn, again it reminds me of WTO. There were some people with serious complaints about the WTO (I share their views, but not tactics). Few of those people made the news. There was, however, lots of pictures of people looting Starbucks.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think they're protesting those idiotic G commercials.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit