Can anyone tell me what the G20 protesters are protesting about???

by Confucious 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

I'm clueless.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

you know, the G, the 20, and all that.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I haven't the faintest.

Perhaps they should start smoking more pot.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Maybe they think it's the 4:20 summit???

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

They're a rather eclectic group ranging from anarchists, enviromentalists, even groups like The Salvation Army. These meetings bring protestors from all sorts of groups. Although I doubt The Salvation Army would throw rocks at police lines. They protest for enviromental concerns, anti-globalization of course, whatever war is happening at the time, humanitarian needs around the world. Anywhere you have the leaders of the most powerful countries meeting together you're going to have people there trying to have their voices herd.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Tens of thousands protest G20 summit

Police on high alert ahead of gathering of international leaders

Demonstrators march ahead of next week's G20 summit in London Toby Melville / Reuters Thousands of demonstrators marched through London on Saturday to demand action on poverty, jobs and climate change at the start of a week of protests aimed at the G20 summit in the capital.

updated 1:20 p.m. PT, Sat., March. 28, 2009

LONDON - Tens of thousands of people marched across central London Saturday to demand jobs, economic justice and environmental accountability, kicking off six days of protest and action planned in the run-up to the G20 summit next week.

More than 150 groups threw their backing behind the "Put People First" march. Police said around 35,000 attended the demonstration, but there were large gaps in the line of protesters snaking its way across the city toward Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29916843/

Wow those Brits know how to protest!!!

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Police said around 35,000 attended

That many of Jerry's Kid in one location? Holy Crap! Do they all get to grab change outta the jar at 7/11 at the same time!?!?!

• Confucious
    Confucious

All I'm saying?

Name it. What are you protesting about?

Capitalism?

Poor people?

What are you protesting?

And what capitalistic scum of an airline did you fly in on?

Really... What are they protesting and what do they want the G20 to do?

I really don't get it...

• Priest73
    Priest73

they're kids. it's called angst. rage against the machine. eff the man. somthing to do on a wednesday. that's what i call it.

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

i not know nothing too

if somebody know , will be good say

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit