Can I ask a question without offending Spanish members? Neighborhhood?

by restrangled 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

I live in the hispanic capital of the USA and I've never heard of what you are describing.

Warlock

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm Mexican-American and I have to check in on occasion so I know what to refer myself as, ? I remember I was a Chicano, then I was Hispanic, Then Latino, Then Mexican-American. Who knows what's next?

But I do know my relatives have the tackiest homes in L.A,

• inkling
    inkling
    I'm Mexican-American and I have to check in on occasion so I know what to refer myself as, ? I remember I was a Chicano, then I was Hispanic, Then Latino, Then Mexican-American. Who knows what's next?

Ha. Political correctness is an odd thing...

Each new term for a group of people has often been an attempt to wipe clean the negative
    connotations attached to the old terms, which were invented to clear away the nasty
    connotation of the previous term, etc....

Until people actually stop being racist, all the new and improved politically correct terms
    will keep becoming the slurs of the next generation.

[inkling]

• beksbks
    beksbks

So where does Vato come in ese?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    My yard is now lit to the hilt by my latino neighbors on either side.....

Just an observation here, it may or may not be cultural or perhaps just personal but when I was a kid and we would go out of town, my parents would comment about the way "Americanos" always kept their neighborhoods so dark at night. They felt unsafe. Now as for me, I live out in the country, and I love the dark. I can walk out and see all the fireflies and stars. I hate the bright lights too. My mom hates it that it is so dark when they stay over.

BTS

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

wow rest......... only one doberman?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Carnal Ese

This makes me want to go watch American Me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit