Can I ask a question without offending Spanish members? Neighborhhood?

by restrangled 36 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

OK, being "politcally correct"....My yard is now lit to the hilt by my latino neighbors on either side.....

I'm not sure I want my yard to be under major spot lights at night.

It looks horrible, and lights up one of our bedrooms and a bathroom through the blinds!

I use solar lights to light up our yard.....no need for the KMart factor.

r.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Well, I live in Puerto Rico. There are plenty of street lights of the normal kind, but no posts of a nature like what you describe. In my experience, though, Puertoricans who live stateside tend to comport themselves a bit differently than islanders. Perhaps you could just ask them?

Dave

• beksbks
    beksbks

If your neighbors may actually prefer the term Hispanic depending on thier heritage.

• oompa
    oompa

this post and thread gave oompa a much needed laugh and many smiles!.....i will put this in my next stand-up comedy bit.........oompa

btw...just go and tell them it is interesting...that you were thinking about adding some lighting and why did they choose to do it like they did.......then you might be able to say you had a great idea they may want to consider......but just damm funny post man.......oompa

• wednesday
    wednesday

I was thinking of putting a huge Virgin Mary in my yard, along with a flag and and angel statue. :)

• restrangled
    restrangled

Oompa,....I'm glad I made you smile, ....I think you would be laughing if you saw my yard lit up in blue Kmart light......It looks beautiful and ready for any one to come and break in.

Thankfully I have a large Doberman.

r.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Why ask us? Why don't you go and ask them? They should know.

"stupid is as stupid does" Forrest Gump

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

There is probably some ordinance they are breaking by having the lights on very late at night. How about Chicano? We had to move from our apartment one time, not because all of our new Puerto Rican neighbors were dangerous, but because they had lots of friends and family to visit and laughed and partied til all hours. They played loud salsa music constantly and cooked things that smelled like the living dead that filled our apartment with a stench, sometimes even during the middle of the night. They were nice people, just very, happily loud.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

They can't pass up something that is FREE. Guarantee, they told the other Family about it. when they work jobs, they get the wood free.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Do the lights look like this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit