2009 "Keep On the Watch!" Convention Preview

by garlic81 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

The Fire”

This would be the danger of getting burned by apostate literature

The Snare”

This highlights how the internet can be a snare

Specifically, apostates on the Internet will choke you with their lies about the organization

The Trap that Crushes”

Even if close family members become apostate, you must crush any feelings for them so they will feel crushed, and want to come back to the truth, as did the prdigal son. Make sure you come to the drama tomorrow. And stay away from apostates!

The Trap that Chokes”
    The Pit” This highlights the danger of falling into the pit of apostate literature... it's the pits

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the Forum Garlic'

Thanks for that. I like to keep up with what my family is being fed so that I can keep one step ahead at all times.

Cheers

Chris

• redking
    redking

Thank You, now I know what I can look forward too this year...NOT! This is going to be torture I can already tell, why do they have so many symposiums and have to make them so long? I can already tell this is going to be torture, I guess I'll just listen for new crackpot ideas they come up with like how the bad economy is a sign that we should devote our time and money to the Org.

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

It's unbelievable how some things never change.

My God, it's the same drone over and over, year after year.

I'm 5 years Convention free, and this year will be Memorial # 2 i've gone without.

I have some intelligent family members, and i can't believe they still swallow the same hook and bait.

• penny2
    penny2

Is this for real?? Sounds like pre-1975 indoctrination and brainwashing. The JWs will just lap it up.

Welcome garlic81!

• shamus100
    shamus100

And we haven't even gotten to the 15-minute closing prayer yet.

Aaaaaugh! Horrors remembered....

The drama? Give me a break. Horrendous at best. (I can hear Reinna saying "everyone is so ungrateful")

• Quandry
    Quandry

Answers to Questions About the Last Days”

The end is coming soon, very soon.......

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Man, they haven't had a prodigal son drama since the late 60's. Wow! I remember Fred Franz sang a strange song about it at the Gilead grad that year to his own piano accompaniment.

Isaac

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Do we still NEED to go to conventions? Is there anything we don't know already?

african GB member

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The conventions really started sucking hard when they made eating lunch outside the stadium a no-no, insisting attenders wear their name badges out to restaurants afterwards, and telling everyone not to treat the event like a vacation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit