2009 "Keep On the Watch!" Convention Preview

by garlic81 55 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the concept of having a regular family study every Monday evening was presented as a replacement for the congregation book study when it was combined with the TMS and SM.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Sorry about going overtime, but
    there were so many good stories to tell you.

And we haven't even gotten to the 15-minute closing prayer yet.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

usually I can tell waht the releases will be from the titles - this time I can not

• garlic81
    garlic81

My guesses for releases are that the last talk on Friday - there will be a tract with different verses that should move a person to keep on the watch. That may be used instead of the Keep on the Watch brochure since I believe they aren't printing that anymore.

On Saturday I think it may be a book to replace the one from 1984 Survival Into a New Earth. There was a chapter in there about not longing for the things behind, and different areas in the book where it refered to Jesus apostles being watchful. There hasn't been a book recently about paradise or the events that will lead into that, aside from where it is mentioned in the bible teach book, in the mags, etc. On the back of the Awake it does group the last two talks on Saturday together so they will probably start off about not looking to what's behind, then talk how Jesus apostles kept on the watch and maybe release a book on that.

Recently in past years the books have been either to teach doctrine, about conduct, about Jesus, directed to children, etc.

That's my guesses anyways.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Thanks for the info Garlic. And welcome to the board!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

A Drama on the Prodigal Son? Can't wait to hear how they try to apply this to the "situation today in the congregation".

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Is "Family worship" now part of JW talk? I seem to remember I have seen it a couple of times before (in quotations on this board, along with the Book Study change maybe), but to me it sounds more Evangelical than JW...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Family Worship is now supposed to be on the night that the old bookstudy took place

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Drama about the Prodigal son is interpreted as how those who held on to old beliefs are like the wicked other son. But the prodigal returned acceptes whatever his father (aka the BORG) dishes out.

Its all in the "greatest man "book.

HB

• oompa
    oompa

nice intro garlic...wecome!.....but.....you will likely get few interested by this subject line and most will prob not click on it!...oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit