How long were you a member of Jehovahs Witnesses?

by Quirky1 70 Replies latest jw friends

• DeanOs
    DeanOs

Hey HI! LOUBELLE! another Suid-Afrikaner.. kewl !

Me: In 1996 (diped)

In 2001 - began fading

In 2003 - seen as apostate by some, not all .. confused/ing situation.. (explain ya-all on seperate thread.if need be)

Haven't officially 'left'.. 2 much collateral damage to in-law family, they still confused :)

• boyzone
    boyzone

Baptized 1986 at age 22

Disassociated 2007 age 42, now 44 and starting to live life at last!

21 long years

• darthfader
    darthfader

I was around the witnesses since age 6 and baptized at 22. I was in for about 9 years as I began fading in 1995. No memorials for the past 7 years.

Darth Fader

• yippyskippy007
    yippyskippy007

Born in.

Baptized at 19 (I had to be dunked twice becuase my knee came up out of the water the first time.)

Lat meeting attended was early January of this year and am now currently sendig in my disassociation letter at 29.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Lets see

1957 Born in JW

1971 Baptized at age 14

Graduated HS 1975 with the full anticipation that I would not graduate

1976 Married at age 19 to a faithful evil jw

1979 Appointed MS

1994 decided I no longer wanted to be associated with the JWs but had no idea how to get out

1994 appointed elder - Where the F* was the holy spirit in that one

1996 moved to new congregation and began a long fade. I received glowing recommendation from home congregation but I did not become elder in new congregation

2003 attended last meeting

2007 divorced evil wife

2007 - present lived happily ever after

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Born in 1952

baptized age 8 1960

Left 1990 age 38 but faded ... kept under the radar... started manning the 800-why-1914 helpline during this time...and I was still in good standing

Made it official.. DAed 1993 when they came after me

Coffee

• Gill
    Gill

40 years too long!

I want my money, time and effort back.....with interest.....blood sucking moronic cult!

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

47 years.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

1963 Born-in

November, 1975 Hmm, guess I'll have to go to high school after all

1984 Dunked, age 21

1988 Appointed MS

1993 Moved out of area, no longer MS. Wife and I became progressively more irregular.

1999 Met with a judicial committee; guess I was repentant enough to not get DF. Although I didn't plan it that way, after the JC I ended up never going back into a KH. Wife had pretty much already faded.

2000 Celebrated my first holiday (Millenium New Years), age 36. Discovered that they were super fun!

2006 Told my still-in mom and sister that I had faded. They proceeded to shun me, and continue to do so, even though I had never DA or been DF.

2008 Moved out of the country. Now amused when I see Chinese JWs.

• bamse
    bamse

Baptized at 13 i 1969. Was PO for some years. The evil confirmed one more time last year. That was my last memorial. Stopped meeting last summer. Still inside because they have my children and grandchildren as hostages. Soon or later something will happen, I know, that will force me to make the choice officially. Nice, innocent people (actually victims) in an evil organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit