How long were you a member of Jehovahs Witnesses?

by Quirky1 70 Replies latest jw friends

• noni1974
    noni1974

I was born in in 1974. Got baptized the month before I turned 20. Left for good the month before I turned 24. I started fading about 8 months before I Da ed. My mom tried to force me to go back and I Da ed instead.

• donny
    donny

I was in for 10 loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg years.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Born in

Never baptized

Moved out and stopped going at 18

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Lifer, 43 years.

• tympan
    tympan

Born in.

Baptised @ 17.

Pioneer/Bethel/Pioneer

Started fading @ 26

Last meeting @ 27

Never been back.

Now 42.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Contacted and started "Bible study" March 1971, aged 19.

Baptised January 6th, 1972

Stopped attending meetings August 1999

Disassociated September 2001.

• Casper
    Casper

Baptised in 1984, faded in 1999...

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Started studying with Mom at age 9, baptized at age 12 out at age 40...that was in 1990

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Born in

Never baptised

Stopped attending meetings at around age 15

I don't remember an exact date or time that was my last meeting. I spent probably at least the last year that I was attending meetings just planning my life outside of the JWs and I spent all of the time I was at meetings in fantasyland. I don't think I even spoke to anyone at the KH the last year I was there.

Went back about 10 years ago to the congregation that I was born into for a cousin's funeral. I was flooded with negative memories. I was really surprised. It was the first time that I realized how much negative emotion I had bottled up about my JW upbringing and the cult as a whole. I thought I was going to have to go outside and throw up. And that's not normal for me.

I'll never go back again not even for a relative's funeral. I might attend a family gathering or a graveside service but I'll never set foot in a KH again.

• crapola
    crapola

Mom was baptised when I was 5/ I was baptised when I was 14 . Now I'm 53 and have not been to a meeting since the last Memorial in 08.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit