How long were you a member of Jehovahs Witnesses?

by Quirky1 70 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

Mom was baptised when I was 5/ I was baptised when I was 14 . Now I'm 53 and have not been to a meeting since the last Memorial in 08.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Born in , baptized at 17 in 1978 , last meeting at age 44 in Jan .2006 . 28yrs

• oompa
    oompa

2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 222 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 long..............oompa

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

I was not raised a witness. I started studying at 15 and was baptized 9 months later. I spent 11 in the org. was a pioneer and MS for 8 of those till I was awakened to their falsehood and dillusions while I was the book study conductor in the revelation book. DA'd myself a month ago.

I'm so glad to be out!

Piercingtheveil81

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Born in

Baptized at 17

DF'ed at 44 (44 seems to be a popular age based on the posts!)

Now 57

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

Born in 1948 (to a pioneer couple - oops, I messed up their plans)

Baptised at 12 (just because it was the thing kids were doing)

Fading by about 30

Now 60 and loving life

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Dipped in '89 faded in 2004

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

About 8 years between the time I went in and the time I started blowing things off, and another 8 before I stopped altogether. And, March 24 was my 4-year anniversary of no boasting session attendance at all.

Now, I wonder how short it will be before the scumbag that dragged me into the cancer in the first place drags me right back in--he is one that, if he wants me back in, will not obey the rules to get me back and would drag me back in even if I had a disassociation letter.

• wary
    wary

Forty years,

baptized at sixteen

pioneered, MS etc etc,

full on waste of time!

wary

• trebor
    trebor

Born into the Organization.

Baptized at 15.

Disassociated at 32.