Old picture of hell...

by mkr32208 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It was definaltly in the spirit of the pics above but I think it was all black and white... Those links don't work for me!

• leavingwt
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

Was it a like a woodcut or pen and ink? Or could it possibly have been printed as a b&w from a color drawing?

• parakeet
    parakeet

lol, leavingswt! None of the images scared me until I saw the one you posted. Xanax, where's my Xanax?!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The doom at the guild chapel of the Holy Trinity, Stratford, Warwickshire

....In the plays, hell was represented by a mouth, big enough for the actors to pass through, perhaps with a castle or other building behind.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Cam that first one is sooo close! Is that the entire picture? I tossed my entire library of bs books of course. I wonder how they would feel if I showed up at the hall sunday just to parse the old volumes just to find that pic! lol

• cameo-d
  • White Dove
    White Dove

I remember one that was in a publication that was really cool. It was supposed to show what the Catholics believed hell to be. It had lots of people and demons in it torturing people in every way imaginable, and everyone was naked. The ultimate S&M, it seemed.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I think I know the pic you're talking about. It's in Mankind's Search for God. Anybody have a copy of it?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Are you thinking of Dantes inferno?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit