wife asked me a good question about control mechanism of DFing.....

by oompa 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

Flip....i gotta admit i have been around a few of these guys more than the average dub (one was part of a family wedding!!)....and NEVER did i get the feeling they were less than sincere.....now i HATE the damm DF thing....but i do wonder if these guys just strictly view it as part of "gods arrangement"....the GB do not live like Rutherford got to with the big bucks and all......they are simple, poor, and to me SINCERE guys.....at least the ones i have known....and ya...don't forget, they were all raised in the cult too..

i think of evil small cult leaders (Scientology maybe...but heck even they may be sincere!) and that they may CREATE rules of control, but have to wonder if the GB have ever even HAD that thought in their brain!.......do you not think they may have been duped from birth, and so feel all that is in the bible is "gods way"....as in "all good to keep flock clean and bring back sinners".....rather than "this df thing will keep these turds in line forever".........see the diff?........i am not saying i know, just that i do not know.............

btw.....either way, the pain and suffering these leaders of a LARGE cult have put so many families through is the exact same........i want a Nuremberg type trial, where they have to sit for days and hear the testimonies of pain and devastation due to DF of people who got baptised before 18 or even 21!!.....

i just wonder what they think and if they even know it is THEIR control mechanism........oomps

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..Consider this......As a GB member,you have all the advantages Billion`s of Dollars can provide.....You live the life of a Billionare.....Travel where you want..Do what you want..And..Are worshiped by millions.....One of the consequenses in your world is Disfellowshipping..No one is Immune..Cross the Borg(WBT$) and you are gone!!.....Dead to every one you know.....Or..You can live the life of a Billionare......All of a sudden..Disfellowshipping is good!..It`s part of what gives you your lifestyle..What Idiot would give up disfellowshipping,when he can live in luxurey if Disfellowshipping exists?.......................Oompa,you have to start accepting things for what they are..Not what someone says they are...........................OUTLAW

• oompa
    oompa

OMG Outlaw has outed himself as an evil lyin apostate...the worst kind!......Let's keep it real my friend, we don't need to STRETCH anything here.......firstly, being able to travel does NOT equal "living the life of a Billionaire".....that is just preposterous......they are hardly taking private jets and living ing $10,000 a night hotels now are they???.....I have been in their offices and apartments, and the office was nicer than the digs and i swear most here on JWD probably live a higher day to day lifestyle than these guys.....i think anybody who has been there knows these guys choose a very simple life........to bad their minds are simple too........

my question was more of how THEY perceive DFing........now i say you and me take just half a Billion and show these old guys how to do it right on a wild world tour!..........oomps

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oompa, here's the thing. The elders think that the control mechanism IS part of God's arrangement.
    They do seem sincere because they are captives of the concept that they are in God's one true religion.
    The Governing Body does present the image that you have described of them.

We have learned things, though. Jehovah's Witnesses is really more of a Cult-Lite because of the way
    it is set up- the leaders are captives of the same concepts that the members believe. Unlike Branch
    Davidians, they aren't getting the young girls/boys to have sex with them "for the lord." Still, every
    decision they make is based on the perpetuation of the organization and with little trust in the members
    to do what's right. Do they think that is God's will? Sure, they probably do.

As far as the GB living poor sincere lives, let us try to understand. They really really believed in the
    organization before they got to the top. On the way there, they did give up everything outside of the
    organization. So all they had was green handshakes and sleeping in people's guest rooms on the way
    up. When they arrived to the top, the green handshakes and a nice apartment and first-class travel was
    all they got. But if they walked away, they lost even that. They may not live like Rutherford, but they
    don't want to live like Ray Franz. Their cognitive dissonance has to be kicking in high gear at some point,
    but they quickly have to resolve it and just "go along" in order to stay at the top.

In my opinion, Cult-Lite is just as dangerous as Heaven's Gate or the Moonies. The mind-control is still there
    all the way to the top, and perpetuated by the "leaders." It's on auto-pilot. It's harder to break the cycle
    because we didn't live in a compound or use sleep deprivation and eat only 2 bowls of rice per day. Those
    slight luxuries in the JW cult (regular homes, regular sleep, regular food) allowed us to dismiss any ideas
    that it was a cult. It goes back to the illustration of the frog in room-temp. water slowly being boiled. He
    never noticed how it was too hot. But throw a frog in boiling water and he jumps right out. That's the JW's
    Cult-Lite. If we were thrown into it, we would see the problems and jump out. If we were in a hardcore
    cult, someone might be able to show us that the water is boiling. It's harder because it slowly enveloped
    us.

• oompa
    oompa

PURE ABSOLUTE DITTO OTWO!.......but i think you are pretty sick to do that to frogs.......they are better fried anyway...........oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Oompa!..You miss my point,my friend..............The GB members live much better than your average Dub..They don`t worry about a mortgage,food,hydro,dentists,transportation,clothes,gas,world travel ect..ect..ect.....It`s all taken care of............Billions of WBT$ dollars provide those advantages for them......So..WBT$ money cannot be dicounted,in the advantages they recieve..It`s part of the equation...........The WBT$ does have it`s own plane Oompa,I`ve seen it.....Do they stay in $10,000 a night hotels..I doubt it..LOL!!.............Still the WBT$ covers anything they want........Some of us live better than they do,but that is really a minority..How many posts do you and I read,about Dubs living in poverty?..Lots if you think about it.....The GB does`nt live in poverty,without the WBT$,many of them would...........The only thing that could ruin a GB members life style,would be to go against the WBT$................Disfellowshipping is part of the WBT$ Penal System..A very important part..It`s the Biggest Stick they have......Disfellowshipping keeps thier world in order......To try and change that could mean the end of a GB members Career................It`s not in a GB members best interests, to look at disfellowshipping in a negative way..........................................................;-)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit