High speed internet...need advice you guys

by WuzLovesDubs 26 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I had Bell South DSL and it sucked...was ALWAYS going out. Satellite has to bounce to a satellite and so lags to death so thats out. Dial up gawd...couldnt stand that any more. Had it for awhile in case my cable was out but got rid of my land line altogether because everyone has cells in the family. The only calls I got on my land line were to sell me something anyway. When I was over there the other day I noticed that every unit had a dish on it...so maybe the complex got a deal with them and all I have to get now is cable high speed. My 14 year old is not as much into gaming online as he used to be (even though Im still PAYING for the damn subscription he and my 20 year old son insisted I get to play online!) so I dont think I need really high end stuff.

Never heard of Naked DSL or verizon fios...I will check that out.

Thanks you guys!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Don't dismiss DSL or cable just because of a bad experience in the past with a certain provider. The technologies themselves are solid.

Generally cable is faster than DSL. My cable provider (Charter) can provide up to 60Mbps service, which I think is even faster than Verizon FiOS.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Generally cable is faster than DSL. My cable provider (Charter) can provide up to 60Mbps service, which I think is even faster than Verizon FiOS.

I've had cable Internet for years with zero problems. It is very fast and I wouldn't switch.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

It's costing me here, $103 a month for BASIC cable TV and internet. I feel like they have us by the short hairs here. Vios isnt available here and apparently from what I read online about it Naked DSL isnt offered except at very high prices so that you are basically forced to take the bundled stuff. Im looking at Movearoo which compares current offers in your neighborhood. I dont need a landline but if its only a buck to get internet I guess I will have to take it.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

What's wrong with a bundle of services from a cable (or other) company? Sure, your single bill will seem high, but you usually save money in the big picture of things.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

In Central Florida I have earthlink, with bright house for the computer and my wifes tv

I've had it since 97.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

ok

lets cut through the BS.

Are you using the land line service? if so dial up will prolly be cheapest.

Need faster? DSL/land line bundle.

Not using the land line but have cable tv? Cable tv/internet bundle.

etc... etc.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

example: have a cable tv: if you get a land line just for dial up or just dsl the service charge/taxes/fees/etc will add up to more than you are paying for cable+internet. cable/internet bundle is cheaper/close to the same

if you have a land line and get satcom internet ie wildblue etc. the charges will be +/= if you just had dsl bundle on your land line

etc

etc

etc

• oompa
    oompa

all i can say.......and many will thank me for this.......is google cantenna or yagi antenna.....if yagi is not on google, which i doubt....search it on e-bay.....i bought the full works yagi with tricked out router, and have free hi-speed wi-fi at my place......i like free..........oompa

some of the cantennas on u-tube just crack me up....exp the spaghetti strainer version...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    i like free..........oompa

Some Body is paying for it wellfare boy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit