High speed internet...need advice you guys

by WuzLovesDubs 26 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Im moving into my own place come April 1 (yay!!!!) and in THIS house we pay over $100 a month between Comcast TV cable and high speed internet. What do you guys use? It looks like all these units have satellite dishes on them so I will ask about that...but satellite is not a good way to get internet. Is there a cheaper way to get both?

Im in S. Florida.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Hi Wuz...my experience has been that most of the services end up being the same price after their "sign up" specials end. You might want to check and see if Verizon Fios is available in your area. It offers a nice combo of phone, TV and high speed interenet for around $100...I have found it to be very fast and reliable. Good hunting!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

$10 dial up internet.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thats per month unlimited!!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I've found DSL to be the cheapest. DSL has different levels of speed with lower price points.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You can get "Naked DSL" in some areas. This means, Internet, but no telephone service, over a telephone line. It can be as cheap as $25 or so and plenty fast.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

In my part of S Florida, Comcast is the way to go. It beats the pants off of DSL.

BTS

• jws
    jws

Don't know about you, but I had Comcast which later became Time Warner. The internet was a cable modem. It was always having problems. There were days it didn't work all day until night time. Switched to Verizon FIOS and it's only been out (that I know of) once for a few minutes. Great service!

I think Time Warner was about $5 more expensive then Verizon.

Sometimes communities or apartment complexes will have Wi-Fi. If you're getting full bandwidth, the Wi-Fi won't be the bottleneck either.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

if you can get verizon fios there really is no other option......... its the best out there. unfortunately its in limited cities, i know tampa has it, but im not sure about s florida. btw as you probably already know...... BRIGHTHOUSE sucks.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Don't use satellite service for Internet access. The latency is horrific.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit