If its not the way. Which way is?

by maryacclaim 30 Replies latest jw friends

• exjdub
    exjdub

Mary,

Welcome to the forum! I found this response from Terri (welcome to you too Terri...nice first post) to be excellent:

mary, there are many people in this world who will try to convince you that there is only one way to worship god. if there is anything i've learned since i left the jw's it's that each of us has our own path to follow in this life and it is up to the individual to find what resonates as truth for them.

I find it interesting when someone, like yourself, asks a genuine question and some use this as an opportunity to push their particular brand of religion. I don't think that is right at all and I think your question deserves an answer without all of the preaching and bible quoting. Christianity may, or may not, be what "calls" you. If that is what calls you then you should work with it. However Christianity, despite what some here want to push, is not the only way. I personally find it to be the least desirable way...but that's just me.

I had the same questions as you when I left the JW's after being raised "in the truth" (did the whole pioneering and ministerial servant thing) and staying for 30+ years and I can tell you my thoughts are completely different now than what they were 10 years ago when I left. I too wondered who "had the truth" and I was looking for the same answers you are because of the way I was taught through the organization. I looked at other Christian religions and honestly I didn't feel they had the truth at all. I found too many things that did not add up and I saw a lot of the same traits and control tactics in other Christian religions that the JWs had.

I finally gave up trying to find a replacement for the JWs and started reading and exploring. I recommend that you read about and explore as many different types of philosophies and religions as you can. It won't hurt you and I can assure you it will open your mind to many possibilities. Freedom to explore is exhillarating and is exciting. It is wonderful to give yourself permission to learn without having to explain why. I guarantee that you will find answers to your questions. They may not always be answers you were expecting as they will open up many things, but they will be answers. Only you can decide what is right for you. I wish you well on your journey. The first step on a journey is questioning, which you have done. You are well on your way! Peace.

exjdub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit