If its not the way. Which way is?

by maryacclaim 30 Replies latest jw friends

• maryacclaim
    maryacclaim

I read a lot of the topics and subjects in this forum, and can't help but to ask, If the witnesses ideas are not the way, then which way is?

I was a witness for over 25 years and have been out of the organization for over 3 years now. Yet, I have a hard time seeing anyone else's way as the right way to go. Obviously, do unto others as you want done to you, works in almost any way of life that you lead, but when it comes to actual teachings, besides their d'fn practice, I mean does anyone here see actual truth out there. When it comes to someone being disfellowshipped, in some ways you totally understand when someone has to be delt with, I mean there are some creeps out there. However, I'm right there with a lot of you when it comes to a youngster that is dealing with his or her puberty issues and adolescents, and then makes a bad decision. Only to find himself in front of strangers (a committee) expaining things he has yet to even grasp or understand, a time when he needs his mother, father, brothers, sisters and friends, but instead finds himself alone and ex-communicated. It's totally screwed up, believe me I know, but when it's all said and done, I find that no one else has any answers and this world is in a world of hurt.

Thanks for listening,

Mary

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

You're still suffering from the effects of Witness indoctrination. You're making the false assumption that there has to be only one right way to live life. I think you fail to see the fact that Jehovah's Witnesses are in fact a mind control cult. My suggestion would be for you to read Steve Hassan's books. As far as "where else shall we go?", the argument that Witnesses often use in favor of their organization, the fact is that the scripture actually reads "To whom else shall we go?" And the Biblical answer to that is Christ. I would also highly recommend Ray Franz's books as well.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Everyone wishes that all the answers to life's questions could be given to them on a silver platter. The Witnesses take advantage of that idea. The trouble with religions that have all the answers is that they don't allow questions. A clear minded look at the history of the Watchtower's failed predictions should bring home to you how completely false this organization is.

• alanv
    alanv

Hi Mary, First thing to say is that you have taken the first step and got out of an organisation that shows love but only to those who totally adhere to the orgs. ideas. The moment you disagree with anything that love suddenly is gone. It is a totally conditional love. I agree with you that there are some people that need to be expelled, but the vast majority are ones who simply cannot agree with the orgs teachings.

Personally I have not found any other religeon that makes sense but I know there are plenty on this board that have.

I hope you find what you are looking for, just make sure you don't go back to this destructive cult.

• maryacclaim
    maryacclaim

I could care less about the predictions. I guess what I was speaking of was, how Jesus always spoke of his Father as greater. The topics of what happens when we die, the prospect of living on earth forever, not being involved with the worlds governments and wars, preaching the word, loving your neighbor (which I believe the JW's should do better), the blood issue (even though some say they allow more procedures than before), and all this kinda stuff. That's all

When I look around at all people, one of the areas that the JW's should pay more attention too, I find that when you run the precentages, people are people. You have liers, steelers, cheaters, gays, molesters, good, bad, drunks, drug addicts, dumb and smart. No matter where you are, what you believe, people are people. Its not the world verses the Witnesses. It's, people verses people. God help Us!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Mary, the first and most important step is to realise this;

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

Once a person realises this everything else falls into place.

To find the way to life, go to Jesus.

To find truth, go to Jesus.

To find life, go to Jesus.

You mention issues of the trinity, life after death etc. Jehovah's Witnesses build these into massive issues pertaining to universal sovereignty. However, in doing so that happily remove the placed Jesus has in God's purpose; being the way, the truth and the life.

Jesus also said that we would know the truth and the truth would set us free, and that we would be sanctified by means of the truth, the truth being God's word (which is, of course, Jesus himself).

Hope that helps.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi Mary welcome to JWN

Most here have been victims of Jehovahs witness' imposition of their truth on them. Can it be the truth that sets you free if it has to be imposed with so much suffering? Surely it ought to produce a sense of deep seated happiness from within to enable a sense of freedom. In my own case and looking back, I gained more happiness from activities that had very little to do WTS truth.

I agree with what you say about people versus people. The JW way is a very popular way of obtaining order and a kind of peace and lots pf governments have tried it. Many of us have come to the conclusion that that way of doing things is totalitarian and cruel for gays, for children, teenagers...

But your post is very positive about there being truth and for the groups you mentioned too. My own desire is to create my own truth for myself and allow for others to create their own even if it seems alien to me.

ql

• carla
    carla

Jimmy Page is correct about the jw's asking 'where else' and it should be to 'whom' not where. I think you need to research all those doctrinal points you brought up and maybe even pick up a bible (not the NWT) and read it without any of the jw so called 'aids', you will find that there is no way one could ever become a jw and arrive at the same beliefs the jw's do by reading a bible. You appear to still be stuck mentally in the cult.

How is it possible that you could care less about the false predictions of the wt? A false prophet is a false prophet and if you are a believer in God you would care deeply about ever having followed a false prophet. There is so much you do not know about the org, ALL the false dates, scholarly dishonesty, mistranslations, misquotes of secular writings, misquotes of authors, flip flops, etc... Then there are all the scandals, the UN, pedophile problem/coverup, suicides, deaths due to the unbiblical blood doctrine, broken families at the direction of the wt, etc...

You already run ahead of the org when you say people are people, the wt clearly states that jw's are the happiest and cleanest org on earth! I can hardly think of a worse org to join than the jw's. Jim Jones killed his 900+ people in one day, the jw's kill that many each year (by some reports) due to the requirement of suicide for lack of blood for the men in NY.

Looks like you have quite a journey ahead of you if you have the courage and persistence to follow it. I wish you peace.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I think it's also worth mentioning that the WTS calls itself 'the truth'. This an outright lie as the WTS has taught - and continues to teach - falsehoods and 'errors'. Therefore the Organisation cannot be the truth.

If 'the truth' turns out to be a lie, our confidence in truth will be shattered.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    The JW way is a very popular way of obtaining order and a kind of peace but many of us have come to the conclusion that that way of doing things is totalitarian

Yep JW peace is like the kind of peace imposed by a totalitarian police state. People are people but the beautiful chaotic part of humanity is taken away by fear. Its kinda like a psychological lobotomy.

Mary, believe what you want. Live like YOU want. Just dont believe/live out of fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit